922(r) compliance...Affordable and Simple

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd
Glad to see these coming.

Q: Kip, is there any way to address the trigger disconnect issue with the m4? When outshooting the shotgun, you can drop the hammer on the bolt carrier while it is still cycling once the shell elevator drops. You end up with a live round, hammer down condition.

A: While I've heard of but not experienced this personally, I suspect wear or mod's as a possible culprit if occuring during firing mode. Possibly trigger engaged during manual cycling... or weakened and sticking disconnector spring/plunger???

Q: My bandaid fix was to reduce the weight of the bcg by going to a lightweight charging handle and shooting hotter rounds.

Aside from being US made, would you consider your offering to be a superior part? Ie: better materials, machining, heat treatment and/or finish?

A: Yes Sir our parts do meet and surpass OEM spec's. They are wire EDM profiled, drilled and finish machined within spec'd fixturing, and the disconnectors undergo a PVD/CVD coating process which far exceeds the OEM hard chrome finish. The hammer is Milspec phosphated, after which the engagement surface and pivot points are honed/reamed respectively. Finally controlled process (with print-outs) heat treat and tempering is conducted to 48C-50C of the A2 steel to ensure enduring performance.. A2 (tougher) was selected over D2 (more brittle) because of the pointed hook geometry Benelli uses, which would be prone to chipping if D2 were used. Any agony of swapping parts for compliance will quickly fade when you see how refined these components are. Their fit, form and function are profound. I still find myself amazed when I look at them next to an OEM part, and realize how cost effective these rascals have made it to avoid scrutiny.

Q: Also, have you started working on a disassembly guide of the trigger pack?

A: A compilation of dis-assembly/assembly photos has been amassed, for printed instructions. Additionally we are developing an on-line video library for product use, performance checks, instalation tutorials etc as we speak.

Q: Are you going to SHOT this year, and do you have a booth?

A: Absolutely ! We will be there Jan 17-23, accompanying Satern Custom Machining and SOG Knife and Tool. Will have my folks along (Mom and Pop) who are regular attendies coming up from NM. Text us while there and we'll reply with our where-abouts and look forward to meeting you.

A:

Thx

Stev

Please read replies above

Edited by cleefurd

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cleefurd
Drooling for your charging handle too. Any idea when those will be available? :)

The CVD/PVD coating for them is being applied by the same company doing our disconnectors. Their minimum batch fee is high, so both parts will be submitted together, hence the delay on the bolt knobs/handles.

We have decided;

• If the disconnectors are not complete by January 23rd (when we return from the Shot Show), we will send the bolt knobs and F.I.S.T. comps out together, avoiding further delay.

From that point turn-around time should be under two weeks back to our dock, so Feb 1 is the latest ETA.

Guest cleefurd
Kip,

.....Your words of wisdom and your insight are always objective and from the heart. I truly believe that The USMC was lucky to have you in their service as are we for your ingenuity and wisdom!

Keep up the good work!! THANK YOU!!

2-wheel

From what this means to me, it is doubtful any trained thought I can muster would fairly reciprocate the gesture.

Dad told me "When words fail you...say THANKS"

The time you took to say just these things, reminds me that every matter of every moment within any day I endeavor to honor an aquantaince, is by far the least I can do;

This sort of conduct, transforms us into Americans United...

...a dying art it seems, but not for the few. (or you ya Hooligan).

Humbly,

Kip

It's a good thing california has so many great gun laws, it really seems to have helped the crime rate.... ;)

My M4 isn't 922r compliant and it's a much deadlier weapon because of it.

Having too many foreign parts makes my M4 much harder to control, by this I don't mean it's function, it's actually easier to control with that C stock. What I mean is, it wants to kill and it cries "hold me back, hold me back!"

PLEASE help me to make my gun 922r compliant! I feel like I'm harboring a fugitive! Please help me make my gun safe to myself and the wonderful public around it.

I remember clicking a link somewhere on this board that sent me to a site that had US made foregrips that looked like the OEM grips but I can't find that link and I don't remember what the site was. Does anybody know the link?

Guest cleefurd

I remember clicking a link somewhere on this board that sent me to a site that had US made foregrips that looked like the OEM grips but I can't find that link and I don't remember what the site was. Does anybody know the link?

These are an upcoming OEM match, US made.

http://freedomfightertactical.com/products-page/forends-and-followers/the-freedom-fighter-tactical-922r-compliant-forearm-forend/

Edited by cleefurd
providing link to requested alternative

Guest cleefurd
Drooling for your charging handle too. Any idea when those will be available? :)

The completed bolt knobs will be PVD/CVD coated in the same batch as the disconnectors and F.I.S.T. comp's by the 23rd (when we return from the Shot-Show).

If the disconnectors don't have the independant engineer's safety sign-off by then, we'll send the other items out in advance and expect them back early February.

We can't coat the disconnectors until the safety sign-off approves the selected coating.

Kip, do you have any plans of making a better front and rear sight for the M4? I might have misread that in another thread. Thanks.

I'd like Kip to do this, and incorporate it into a bomb proof top rail. Here's how:

Remove the factory rail. Then remove the rear sight base. Use the three (3) mounting points from the rear sight to attach the new rail section to the receiver along with the existing five (5) screws that hold the stock top rail in place.

The rear section of the replacement rail would have to be machined to accept the stock rear sight base. New mounting hardware would have to be supplied to make up the difference in thickness that would be added to the sandwiched rail section.

The raise in height would be kept to a minimum. The target goal would be high enough to establish a sight plain over the top of the solid true spec picatinny rail.

The rear sight mounting points are much sturdier than the existing rails are. Note the thickness of the receiver. Note that the screws are threaded into the steel rear sight base from the inside. This alone is a big improvement over the five (5) small screws that are threaded into a thin aluminum receiver.

The front sight would also have to be replaced along with a slightly taller front sight shroud to make up for the height increase in the rear sight.

The best of both worlds would be a set of sights that are a combo of fiber optic and tritium with high visibility white rings surrounding the lamps for daytime use.

Yeah, I think that was what I read about. Would be good though to have a version that's compatible with the sidearmor system. With a tritium and fiber combo you wouldn't need white outlines, as the fiber optic would be very visible in daylight. Check out the "lynx" homepage, or Google it, they produce such a combo.

I think that, if you're going to replace the front sight anyway, why not replace both front and rear with Picatinny rails? Then you can use your AR sights, or whatever else you wish to use. (Personally, for a shotgun like the M1014, I'd prefer pistol-type notched rear sight. I haven't seen one with a Picatinny base, but it would be cool to have that option.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest cleefurd

SITREP;

While at the Shot Show in Nevada this past January, a seed was planted. Seed sprouted recently. A firm well known and well versed in all things trigger related is accepting this baton. Their name is being with-held to protect the innocent, since their R&D takes time same as "carriercomp's" did. In the mean time however long it takes them you can blame me. Just wanted to ensure progress is being made, But trust me when I say this;

I'd rather have what THEY will build, than any other concept, including mine. They're that good, and that's what counts.

SITREP;

I'd rather have what THEY will build, than any other concept, including mine. .

Oh, I can certainly second that.

Thank you Lord. More adults involved in this 922® issue for the M4 is just what we need.

Thanks to you too Kip,

Appreciate you quitting before failing. Same for you, but better for us. You are improving your customer service.

Edited by BigHat