Should i trade my SBE2 in for a Vinci?

stevenm2

I currently own a SBE2 in advantage max 4 hd, 26inch barrel .... should i trade it in for a Vinci?

Any thoughts?

Most of my shooting is at woodpigeon, ducks, geese and occasional woodcock and pheasant etc?

I have only seen one vinci so far, not very common yet in the u.k....

Anyone reccomend one or have an opinion?

Regards ...

Steve

I own both the SBE ll and the Vinci. Both are great guns. If I had to pick just one, it would be the SBE ll. The 3.5'' capability is a factor in my decision. The Vinci is only 3''. May or may not affect you, but it does me. They both ''pull up'' very nicely, with the SBE having a slight edge. Regardless of what they say, the Vinci does have recoil. If this is your reason for changing, you may think twice about it. The Vinci is a great gun, but I for one, would never trade an SBE away for one. Hope this helps. Good luck with your decision..Mike

I've got an SBE II, never shot a Vinci, but there is a problem with the Vinci for me, and it's the placement of the safety. I grew up shooting with the safety behind the trigger, it's habit for my finger to go there. I don't want to have to think about hitting the safety in front of the trigger with the Vinci. It may seem like a small thing, but it's something to think about. Granted, it's something that you could train yourself into, but I don't want to have to do that. Also, if you're shooting late season wary geese, it's always a plus to have the 3.5's since they don't always lock up and glide on in.

I've only bought a magazine tube extension, and I got it from Nordic Components. I have quite a few buddies that hunt almost everyday of our conservation snow goose season and swear by the Nordic tube extensions. Haven't had a chance to use mine yet. I know some guys get their extensions dipped to match the camo on their gun, but I haven't done that. My gun is in Duck Blind camo (yes, it is a factory camo, but was a limited run) and I'm afraid that it wouldn't match perfectly since it's from a different company.

As far as shooting here goes, we shoot a lot of local golf course geese, and then get the migrators later. They've been shot at all the way from Canada, and there's a lot of pressure on em here too, so it gets rough late in the season. Don't have much duck hunting though, I have to go to Southern or Western Illinois for that, or just make even bigger/better trips to South America!

I don't have an SBEII but have shot an HK SBE for 20 years and bought a new Vinci early in 2010. I love them both. I wouldn't trade the SBEII for a Vinci only because the SBEII has everything a man needs in a shotgun. I like my Vinci as much as my SBE so it's only a matter of your needs that you should consider. I rarely, if ever, shoot 3.5# shells anymore but it's nice to have that option.

As for the safety issue, to me it's about mentaly compensating for it, nothing more. After awhile, it'll become second nature.

If I were buying a new shotgun for the first time, again, consider your needs. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Vinci over the SBEII or vice versa...;)

Edited by hattles

• 2 weeks later...

To me it comes down to if you shoot 3.5" or not. The Vinci is a better gun IMO. The design is truly incredible. If you ever need to break the Vinci down in the field, there are no caps, pins, or parts to lose. The inertia system is also located inn a spot that seems to balance the gun and lessen muzzle jump. I have never shot any gun that stays on target like the Vinci. To me, it is the ultimate shotgun on the market. I think the Vinci is worth the upgrade.

I would stick with your SBE II for a few different reasons. First off the 3.5" capasity is a big factor me, whether you shoot them or not, it's always nice to have that 3.5" option. The second thing is the number of avaliable accesories that the SBE II has vs the Vinci, I haven't heard any talk of Benelli even making an extended mag tube for the Vinci yet so thats something to think about.

The deciding factor will be in 5 years or so when we see if the whole "Vinci easy takedown" will hold up to the abuse of the duck blind....If it can take the constant pounding 3+ days a week, year after year, I would recommend buying one but personally this shotgun is still too new.

It sounds as though you have decided to stay with the SBE 2, and that certainly is a reasonable choice, especially if you want to shoot 3 ½” shells.

I really like the Vinci for its feel (the natural way the gun “comes up and points”). Some people report a problem with the trigger guard’s rear width and a “crowded feel” on their middle finger, but that’s related to how you grip the stock.

The Vinci’s forward safety is apparently a problem for some shooters, but many Beretta owners consider this configuration an advantage.

The Vinci’s simple and fast breakdown is definitely a plus. Autoloaders are more prone to stoppages and it’s an advantage when you can disassemble the gun quickly without worrying about a losing a spring, pin, etc.

--Spike

My philosophy is to never trade or sell a gun you own. If something comes out you want, keep what you got and save up and get the new one too. Nothing worse than getting rid of a good gun and forever wishing you hadn't. Just my thoughts!

A great philosophy but sometimes it's just simple economics that influences a sale to justify the purchase...I know firsthand...been there and done that.:D