C-Stocks Back in Stock?

OhioM4

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this the end of those 600 dollar stocks and 200 dollar tubes then?

Not the end of the 200 dollar tubes. Kip's tube is worth every penny of $200. Not only is it worth it for the tube, but you're supporting Kip and his company which is in turn supporting us.

I've ordered from Botach once and haven't had a problem but I've heard some horror stories. I've also ordered from HK and he's a good guy and he'll deliver.

Just my opinion but anybody that chooses the Mesa stock over a C stock is crazy. Not saying the Mesa is a bad stock, it's not, but it doesn't offer what the C stock does.

Not the end of the 200 dollar tubes. Kip's tube is worth every penny of $200. Not only is it worth it for the tube, but you're supporting Kip and his company which is in turn supporting us.

I've ordered from Botach once and haven't had a problem but I've heard some horror stories. I've also ordered from HK and he's a good guy and he'll deliver.

Just my opinion but anybody that chooses the Mesa stock over a C stock is crazy. Not saying the Mesa is a bad stock, it's not, but it doesn't offer what the C stock does.

M4 C- Stocks new in box $250+ shipping

email and Paypal address - [email protected]

Good amount available

Paypal or email me for Address.

Would you like to elaborate on the differences between the two?

Aside from the ability to have 3 different lengths, what else does the C-Stock do? The 2nd position would probably be perfect for me, and the fully collapsed length for storage would be nice.

The Mesa stock has the Limbsaver buttpad, and a better check weld for optics, and is still half the price.

I certainly agree the C-Stock is the best looking, for sure.

Here's a pic of some Marines covering the C-stock to protect their face. The Mesa version is supposed to address this.

260.jpg

Aside from the ability to have 3 different lengths, what else does the C-Stock do? The 2nd position would probably be perfect for me, and the fully collapsed length for storage would be nice.

The Mesa stock has the Limbsaver buttpad, and a better check weld for optics, and is still half the price.

Here's a pic of some Marines covering the C-stock to protect their face. The Mesa version is supposed to address this.

260.jpg

That's the same picture Mitch posted in his poorly worded and poorly informed C-stock essay that he wrote. He actually admitted that he had only spoken to one serviceman who complained about the c-stock. I honestly can't believe all the brewha regarding the comfort of the OEM c-stock. I maintain that most problems that are encountered with it are due to poor shouldering and improper technique. YMMV.:)

260.jpg

is this an opinion, our do you have experience shooting both, what is your basis, our are you parroting what you have read

I dunno who Kip is. But this is how I see it: I'm european and I am planning to buy an M4, I can only get one with a telescoping stock, the same one I read americans rave about and want to pay lots of money for.

So you can imagine my delight when I found out people in the US are willing to pay $600 for the stock and $200 for the stock tube. Thats a pretty damn good way for me to get a lot of money back on my M4 when I put a regular field stock on it!

Now it looks like this dream is crushed.

200 dollar tubes refers to the factory 2 round extensions that typically fetch 200$. Kip is the owner of carriercomp who makes a 200$ (roughly) titanium full length magazine tube that weighs 5 ounces less than a steel unit.

I don't expect these prices to stay this low. Right now there is a lot of supply. When it dries up, the prices will creep up.

I have been debating on which stock to get for my M4 for quite a while. There was no way I was going to pay 400+ dollars for a collapsible stock from Benelli. On my shotgun, the cost is higher since I had to buy a new recoil spring extension with the appropriate machining to allow the stock to collapse. That's an extra 100$ right there.

There is a lot of backbiting about the Urbino. Issues like overly tight fitting do not concern me. The requirement to use tools to remove the stock on a weapon that was designed to be tool free irked me. Ask yourself, with Kip Carrier design it that way? The answer would be an emphatic no. I believe these types of issues led to the price slashing we saw before the release.

The pointy cheek piece of the collapsible stock is seriously overhyped. The majority of users encounter no issues. The ergonomics of the pistol grip are the same as the pistol grip fixed stock. The Urbino stock has a slightly different feel to it. Most claim the grip is boxy compared to the factory models.

The collapsible stock will give you two strikes if you care about 922 compliance. Where as the Urbino would count towards compliance. There are enough compliance parts coming on the horizon to make even the collapsible stock compliant.

At the 250$ price point, I'd opt for the collapsible stock all day long. At the old 450 - 750$ price range, I'd consider the Urbino instead, or stick with the pistol grip fixed stock.

I did buy a Mesa Tactical QD sling attachment for the collapsible stock though.

Edited by StrangerDanger
Stupid ******

I see, when I talk about the stock tube I refer to the tube (or is a cylinder) with notches on it for various positions of the collapsing stock.

I just bought one of those for 110$ from numrich arms. My old 11703 has the recoil extension that doesn't allow a collapsible stock to collapse. It's a real PITA to get off, but I managed.

Most are rocking 11707's or higher, so they don't have this problem.

is this an opinion, our do you have experience shooting both, what is your basis, our are you parroting what you have read

My post was a question, Charlton, which is why there is a question mark. I own neither, but I'm listing the supposed superlatives of each and asking why Super33 seemed pretty emphatic that the C-Stock as being the better choice, saying one would be "crazy" to pick the Mesa over the C-Stock.

So I ask again, and you could contribute Charlton, what makes the C-Stock better? I like how the Mesa Stock has the Limbsaver pad, adjustable cheek weld, costs almost half as much, and counts as an American part towards 922r compliance. I like the collapsible nature of the C-Stock, plus it looks darn cool. People don't need to get so butthurt around here if a piece of plastic they bought isn't everyones choice.

Edited by HopetonBrown

So I ask again what makes the C-Stock better?

I don't think anyone is "butthurt" about anything, just tired of people complaining about the c-stock when they have no real experience with them. ;)

"I" don't necessarily think it's "better" than the Urbino but here is what I like about it. First, it allows the user to configure the weapon into three different lengths. The collapsed setting offers storage considerations but it also allows the weapon to be used in tight quarters. The middle setting is perfect for my size but I can shoot equally well with it fully extended (if I want to use it to shoot skeet or blow stuff up at the range say). This means that for me, there are three useable positions that the c-stock offers me over what the OEM fixed stock or the Urbino offer. This versatility has a lot of value for "me".

It's also a very well made part. The stock locks up solid in all positions and feels rock solid when employing the weapon. Lots of collapsible stocks on the market, in general, tend to be somewhat loose and wobbly, but that isn't the case with the OEM c-stock. At least not with mine anyway.

I also like the looks of the OEM c-stock. IMO, there is nothing else out there on any shotgun platform that looks as good as this part, especially when paired with the M4. That said, I would not have chosen to use it if the function wasn't there for me.

You can always retrofit a Limbsaver pad to the c-stock if you feel the need but I'm not recoil sensitive to a 12 gauge so the stock pad is fine for me. So there you have my take. Not better, just what I prefer.:)

Edited by KB Fab