C-Stocks Back in Stock?

OhioM4

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I live in California, so to use the C-Stock I'd have to pin it in place. I don't know how easy that would be. I'd probably pin it to the 2nd position.

It's nice to hear it's well made; I would expect nothing less from Benelli. I agree that every other collapsible stock feels like it's about to fall to pieces.

I just bought a C-Stock from HKP2000, but will probably just hide it away and buy the Mesa and use that. One thing that I think we can all agree on is that Mesa releasing the Urbino has lowered the price of both the fixed (to $50) and C-Stock.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought one of those for 110$ from numrich arms. My old 11703 has the recoil extension that doesn't allow a collapsible stock to collapse. It's a real PITA to get off, but I managed.

Most are rocking 11707's or higher, so they don't have this problem.

This conflicts with what I've heard elsewhere, I thought the 11707s had the type of cylinder with a notch for only one position (fully extended)? Hence why the notched cylinders where valuable.

This conflicts with what I've heard elsewhere, I thought the 11707s had the type of cylinder with a notch for only one position (fully extended)? Hence why the notched cylinders where valuable.

Negative. I have two 11707's and they have the three notches. Collapsed, Middle position and fully extended.

The following models are equipped with the 3 position tubes.

The 11703 and the M1014 models have the old recoil tube extension that only has the fully extended position. That is how the M1014's were allowed to be sold with the collapsible stocks in the US. The stock was a real deal collapsing stock, but the recoil extension was NOGO.

Without the long flat cut down the length of the recoil extension, there is no chance for the stock to collapse.

Here are the links to the replacements. I bought a complete assembly to avoid revision issues if any are present.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=983200&catid=10315

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1049680&catid=10315

I also recall seeing these tubes for sale on gunbroker a year or two ago selling for ridiculous sums of money. Like 250 - 300 bucks. I bet they bought them here at Numrich. I had a hard time finding this for sale.

Negative. I have two 11707's and they have the three notches. Collapsed, Middle position and fully extended.

The following models are equipped with the 3 position tubes.

The 11703 and the M1014 models have the old recoil tube extension that only has the fully extended position. That is how the M1014's were allowed to be sold with the collapsible stocks in the US. The stock was a real deal collapsing stock, but the recoil extension was NOGO.

Without the long flat cut down the length of the recoil extension, there is no chance for the stock to collapse.

Here are the links to the replacements. I bought a complete assembly to avoid revision issues if any are present.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=983200&catid=10315

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1049680&catid=10315

I also recall seeing these tubes for sale on gunbroker a year or two ago selling for ridiculous sums of money. Like 250 - 300 bucks. I bet they bought them here at Numrich. I had a hard time finding this for sale.

one of them is a 1 position and the other is a 2 position, correct? Im guessing you got the 2 position? Let me know how it works. I'd like to see some pics!

I've been looking for a 3 position for my M1014 but havent had any luck. I know my tube now is loc-tited in, but a little heat and a vise should take care of that! Are you going to have to do that same?

That was my guess at first when looking at the site. What I think it is is a stripped receiver extension vs a complete unit. Ie: the tube, spring, plunger, spring retainer and snap ring.

In both pictures, you can see the full length flat spot on the extension. This flat spot is what allows the stock to slide to the different positions. The grooves you see are what locks the stock into a specific point. These extensions offer three fixed points.

1. Fully closed

2. A middle position that offers a LOP similar to the Urbino

3. Fully extended like the fixed pistol grip stock

I hijacked my own thread about the disconnector sucking. I removed the receiver extension a few days ago. It's not an easy job. Taking off a mag tube is significantly easier. It took an hours worth of heat from my heatgun to break the locktite.

Disassemble the weapon. Remove the snapring from the base of the recoil extension. Unscrew the spring retainer. Use a punch to retain the recoil spring through the drainage holes while you remove the spring retainer.

After the spring retainer comes out, carefully contain the spring as you pull out the punch. Then remove the plunger by tipping the extension downward.

Put the receiver in a padded vice. I clamped down below the rear sight. Do not crush the receiver. Just tighten it enough to hold it in place.

I'd remove tritium rear sights before heating the receiver too.

Apply heat to the 1 1/16" nut liberally. This took about 25 minutes with a heatgun. A torch would be faster, but I didn't have one. The heatgun is probably safer too. Don't apply a lot of torque to the nut. You don't want to twist the receiver. I used one hand to apply my torque with a 12" closed wrench.

Once it gives up, unscrew it and slide it off of the receiver extension.

Now, continue heating the receiver extension where it screws into the receiver. This took another 25 minutes. I used a 3/4" open ended wrench on the flat spots at the end of the receiver extension. Once it starts moving, the battle is won. I only used one hand to apply my torque. Care must be used so you don't mar the flat spots of the tube. The extension has a lot of locktite on it. The threads are deep too. Much more mating surface area than the mag tubes.

Once you get the extension off, the receiver will be filled with powdered white/green locktite. I used BreakFree Powder Blast to flush all the debris out. It also helps to cool the receiver quickly so it can be handled.

I used a wire brush and some acetone on the threads to remove residual locktite.

Now I'm waiting for my new extension for reassembly. I plan to use a small amount of blue locktite. The biggest challenge I forsee is I believe the extension must be timed so the collapsible stock will be indexed correctly. The receiver nut then holds it in place. I don't think you just bottom the extension out. I could be wrong though. Having the collapsible stock on hand should make this fairly easy.

I opted for a complete new assembly since my M4 has 13,000 rounds cumulatively on it. If the stripped unit is the same extension body, your upgrade solution could be fairly inexpensive.

Last night I tried to see if the pointy cheek piece was an issue with the collapsible stock. You'd have to be a giraffe to get your head that far forward. Or, holding the weapon completely wrong. With a solid hold for me, my cheek indexes with the center screw on the top of the comb. Even with armor on, this isn't an issue.

I'm a pretty good sized guy. 6'2" at 180 lbs. I can't see how midgets would have any issues. Maybe if you're 7' tall, and have a massive head, you might have a problem?

To me, this argument is moot and shouldn't even be considered a negative point about using the collapsible stock.

I was even thinking of just selling off my M1014 for $2000 and picking up a brand new 11707 for $1500 on GB and H&K's stock for $250....

$1750 for a brand new gun with collapsible stock.... problem solved (just wont be a limited edition)

Or you can Buy one for New for $1500 Plus $200 rebate and switch out the tube and resell it as is . Just a thought

No problem. I searched on here as well and couldn't find much about the process. I had heard that it was impossible or needed a gunsmith to get off. If my cheap heatgun can do it, I'm sure anyone can with the right tools.

I also considered going the buy/sell upgrade route to avoid the trouble. The job is easy enough that it isn't worth the trouble. Unless you wanted a newer model M4 anyway.

What I would do is try to get yours off. Then buy the replacement tube if successful. Heatguns are cheap. A 1 1/16 wrench is kind of an odd size, but I happened to have one. Everyone should have snap ring pliers. The rest are common tools.

I'll snap some pictures. I was going to document the disassembly process, but my camera was dead.

Depending on how many rounds you have through the shotgun, you might want to consider replacing the recoil spring while you're in there.

I forgot to mention. All the threads on the recoil extension and receiver nut are common thread. Lefty loosy.

Also, be sure to clean the extension before you heat it unless you like a smoke filled room from all the oil burning. BreakFree worked well at blasting it out.

If you're considering buying a collapsible stock, you had better get one from HK while they're at 250$. That price probably won't last more than a day or two. You'll be crying when the price climbs back to the 400$ range.

yea i picked one up from him for a buddy... thinking about one for myself???? hmmmm

i used to work in the auto body industry. the wrench i have and also got a Master Appliance 3 setting heat gun (best you can get - $150). I'm good with working with my hands, I have no doubt I can tackle this... im just lost on where I can find a 3 position tube. I know the 2 positions are on Numrich.... you think its a 3 pos.and not a 2 pos.?

Edited by daniel333

I really hope the tube is a 3 position one. I'll let you know when it arrives. My guess is a week since it's coming from NY. I wasn't aware of a revision at some point where the tubes were changed from a 2 to a 3 point.

Is the issue that you're avoiding violating the 922?

I splurged on the stock, a VCAS padded sling, an oversized safety and a MEsa tactical QD sling mount for the collapsible stock.

It's going on the one with the Aimpoint.

4580392901_b11021ec5b_b.jpg