C-Stocks Back in Stock?

OhioM4

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I live in California, so to use the C-Stock I'd have to pin it in place. I don't know how easy that would be. I'd probably pin it to the 2nd position.

It's nice to hear it's well made; I would expect nothing less from Benelli. I agree that every other collapsible stock feels like it's about to fall to pieces.

I just bought a C-Stock from HKP2000, but will probably just hide it away and buy the Mesa and use that. One thing that I think we can all agree on is that Mesa releasing the Urbino has lowered the price of both the fixed (to $50) and C-Stock.

i'm in Commifornia also, so we both have the same problem. i want an M4 with a Benelli C stock so i spoke to a local gunsmith about the idea of locking down the stock. he told me it can be done, but the end result will be a pinned stock that cannot be adjusted. this may be an acceptable solution, and i am considering it. but i would prefer a solution that would allow the length of the stock to be adjusted if necessary (using tools of course so to keep within the law).

i also spoke to another gunsmith about this same issue, and he said

"i'm not going to look for a solution to "PIN THE STOCK". I usually come up with a solution that pins the "Stock Adjustment Release Mechanism" which is usually pretty simple."

hmmmm. okay. this sounds good. but since he hasn't ever worked on a Benelli C stock before it may be that there just isn't a clean solution to "pin the pin" so to speak so it can be removed (with tools of course) for later adjustment and disassembly.

it would be a lot easier to simply give up and go with a mesa tactical urbino stock, but if we do this then the terrorists win. LOL.

let me know if you want contact info for the gunsmiths that i've talked to in case you want to pursue their Benelli c stock solutions.