M4 C- Stocks new in box $250+ shipping

heckler&kochp2000

Stranger, let me know how it goes and if you could send me the instructions on the swap out i'd appreciate it!! [email protected]

Sure thing.

I am expecting delivery on Monday.

I spoke with customer Service at Numrich Arms. The cheaper one is a stripped unit. The more expensive one is a complete extension. Ie: It has the recoil spring, plunger, spring retainer and snap ring.

My concern is that it will only be a 2 position unit rather than a 3 position.

Here is my review on how to disassemble the extension from another thread:

My M4 was purchased in 2004. It is a 11703 model. Which has the gay recoil extension that the M1014 has. This prevents the collapsible stock from collapsing.

Since I just scored an awesome price on a collapsible stock (thanks HK), I figured it was time to upgrade this part.

I just came downstairs from my lair. The extension is history. It took me about an hour or so to break it free. I was worried it wouldn't give up the ghost very easily. I used a basic heat gun and roasted the **** out it. I rigged up the receiver in my vice and placed the heat gun so it would cook the extension near the receiver without me holding it.

You should take the recoil spring, recoil spring plug and the plunger out before roasting it to avoid damaging the spring mainly. This is pretty easy to do. At the base of the extension, use a pair of snap ring pliers to remove the snap ring. Then unscrew the recoil spring plug. It should be pretty easy to unscrew. It takes an odd shaped screw driver head. I just used the snap ring pliers points.

The 1 1/16 nut at the base of the receiver twists off normally. Lefty loosy when looking at the receiver from the top, extension pointed towards you. Common threading.

It took about 20 minutes of heat to get the nut off. This is why older posts opted for a torch. There is no way in **** a bic lighter would give you enough heat to do this job like I saw for another model of Benelli.

Then, it took another 20 minutes or so on the receiver extension to break it free. I used a 3/4" wrench on the flat spots on the extension. This was the hardest part to remove, since Benelli didn't give us a very solid wrenching surface. This also uses the lefty loosy thread patterns. I mention this because when you're trying to break locktite, it really would be nice to know which direction you should be twisting.

The receiver has the same green locktite that the magazine tube extension has. There is just a lot more thread to deal with. Hence the perception that it is harder to remove than the magazine extension.

I'd rate that it is harder to do. But not seriously hard.

Also, I noted that the locktite did not smoke like the magazine tube extension does.

I gave the receiver a bath in BreakFree Powder Blast after the extension was removed. The threads were pretty clean.

Tools:

Vice (Mandatory)

Heat Gun or Torch (Mandatory)

Snap Ring Pliers (Mandatory)

3/4" Open Ended Wrench (Mandatory)

1 1/16" Closed Ended Wrench (Mandatory)

Wire Brush (Recommended)

Spray Solvent (Recommended)

The receiver extension doesn't weigh as much as I had expected. I'll try to weigh it tomorrow at work on our postal scale. However, I'd guess that it weighs about 6.4 ounces. The 3 position model will weigh slightly less due to the amount of machine work on the exterior of the tube.

I was kind of worried that I wouldn't be able to get it off myself. I'd say that using a heatgun is probably the safest way to remove the tube since you're using a lower controlled amount of heat opposed to roasting it with a propane torch. Just be sure to pick a good vice point, use padding and do not force it. It will take some force to remove the extension, but enough heat will get the job done.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my C-stock from Botach today. The parts were not in any product box and were quite obviously used - scuffed and encrusted with dirt. It's going back to Botach.

Further inspection reveals that the pistol grip part is coming apart. The rubber moulding is separated from the plastic frame. Looks like there is some kind of toungue that is supposed to be in a slot that isn't.

Surprisingly I received the package today from Numrich Arms. It is in fact a 3 position recoil tube on the complete assembly. I'd wager the stripped unit is as well.

I'm glad I purchased the complete tube though, there are some minor design changes in the plunger. The finish on the plunger appears to be superior.

I haven't reassembled yet since I had to go to work.

Purchase with confidence.

Surprisingly I received the package today from Numrich Arms. It is in fact a 3 position recoil tube on the complete assembly. I'd wager the stripped unit is as well.

I'm glad I purchased the complete tube though, there are some minor design changes in the plunger. The finish on the plunger appears to be superior.

I haven't reassembled yet since I had to go to work.

Purchase with confidence.

thats awesome! post some pics once its on!