Benelli M2 purchase advice needed

johnspies

Hi,

I've found one locally for $800 in like new condition; he says he hasn't shot a box of shells through it and needs the money. comes with the standard chokes.

I'm going duck hunting for the first time this weekend; first, is this a good deal and second, do I need to buy additional chokes before leaving town?

I also want to turkey hunt with it; am I OK?

My BIL is an avid duck hunter and wanted me to buy a SBEII but I just can't come up with that kind of money; he also said I should get 3.5". Can't get hold of him to ask about this deal so I thought I would turn here.

thanks for the help.

Hi,

I've found one locally for $800 in like new condition; he says he hasn't shot a box of shells through it and needs the money. comes with the standard chokes.

I'm going duck hunting for the first time this weekend; first, is this a good deal and second, do I need to buy additional chokes before leaving town?

I also want to turkey hunt with it; am I OK?

My BIL is an avid duck hunter and wanted me to buy a SBEII but I just can't come up with that kind of money; he also said I should get 3.5". Can't get hold of him to ask about this deal so I thought I would turn here.

thanks for the help.

If the M2 is as like new as you describe, that is a fantastic deal...as for the standard chokes...is it just one choke or all of the chokes, IC, MODIFIED AND FULL that originally came with the gun.

Yes, it has the 5 chokes.

Another question....I shoot leftie (eye dominance) and have fired right-handed guns in the military very well with no problems. Recently, I shot a bolt action rifle with same results.

But....I've not shot a shotgun before. What can I expect? Am I OK shooting a right-handed gun and is the M2 better or worse in this scenario?

I've read opinions all across the spectrum on this so I guess what I'm looking for is an opinion as it relates to this particular gun.

thanks a bunch!!

Honestly, I never noticed it. That is, until hot brass got down my shirt once...ouch. But, that's one time dealing with 1,000's of rounds. Just not sure about exhaust gases....

Anyway, going to shoot three different shotguns tomorrow; all right-handed. We won't be far from Mack's Prairie Wings so if none of them work out, I might be going by to get a leftie 'whatever they have in stock' shotgun! Maybe an M2 if I can sell a kidney in that time! Ha!

Thanks for the help. I might just get that used rightie M2 afterall; we'll see.