Titanium/A2-GenII Hybrid M4 Bolt Knobs

Guest cleefurd

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliff's been noticeably absent from this thread lately.

Phil. . . *NOT* ripping on you!!! Just mearly adding to your thought :) . . . but I'm sure Kip has been busy cleaning up from Shot Show, getting his finish-applicators in line for the bulk order and he mentioned some type of testing for his sear/disconnector components.

I'm amazed he gets as much done as he does quite honestly! I think he has one of those necklaces like Hermoine in Harry Potter that lets him travel back-n-forth in time. :p

They'll be worth the wait though, that is FOR SURE!!!!

2-wheel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleefurd

As promised continuing delays surrounding engineers legal "safety sign-off" of disconnector/hammer forced us to submit the bolt knobs for PVD coating by themselves.

Unfortunately the vendor we met at the Shot Show returned samples which did not meet our standards, so they are being stripped for re-application by the vendor we had originally planned to utilize.

Reminds me of the military addage "Hurry up and wait". The more we hurry the longer we wait on details we farm out.

When we receive satisfactory results we will list them. That way we have no regrets at least, beyond the agony of anticipation. Please accept our apology for the delays.

More soon.

Kip

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Where are we on the black handles? I have the Ti Tube and love it.

Kerry

I think our "fearless titanium M4 parts leader" is at the vet for repairs/recuperating following his very humbling motor cross experience. He needs a little time to heal and hopefully doesn't do anything else suicidal. Kip, all the best and get well soon so you can machine beautiful M4 parts aplenty for USMC & all else.

Carey

Edited by leid

Guest cleefurd
....He needs a little time to heal and hopefully doesn't do anything else suicidal. Kip, all the best and get well soon so you can machine beautiful M4 parts aplenty for USMC & all else.

Carey

Either you are psychic, or we spoke this week. The left arm is back in a cast as of yesterday, Friday May 20th, for another 6-8 weeks, and the physical therapy is down to 1x per week for the right wrist. The right wrist still has one more surgery, not scheduled until my left arm is stabilized. At this rate it may be several years of casts, but my vertebrae is near 100%, meaning all my toes and fingers still wiggle and either build stuff or train a staff I salute daily:). They are my heroes.

I had the PVD coater return all but 1 bolt knob (he kept it for PVD coating chamber fixture plates). That way we had some on hand to fill any orders that might be placed for the muted ones.

Carey, I appreciate those words. Thank you.

Kip

Well, I almost hate to ask since typing a reply must be difficult, but does that mean the black ones are on the way or should I no longer wait and order a muted? I have a GG&G, but I like the size of yours much better.

I'm glad you're not more seriously hurt. I ride dirt and street and I've known a couple guys that were seriously hurt riding MX. I'm glad everything still moves when you ask it to.

Best wishes,

Kerry

Guest cleefurd

Typing is easy.

My hunch is the coater got wind of the "F.I.S.T" compensator inserts needing the same coating, which may have prompted him to wait until we furnished those as well.

As soon as I run another batch of bolt knobs, we'll be sending them back his way with a dire request for attention to the matter. The "firearms friendly deal" he was going to give us lost its luster when it took this long. I intend to offer to pay the going rate, as well as any expedited fees he wishes to tack on.

For sure the black ones are being hammered out. Thank you Kerry for the continued interest. We're on it.