Titanium/A2-GenII Hybrid M4 Bolt Knobs

Guest cleefurd

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ KB FAB

What kind of lube are you using? Looks like milk!

OH NOES! He was excite about handle.

--Kip--

Just ordered a handle from you and a few other doodads. Thankyou! It takes a while for you to bring something to market, but unlike others who love to rush new things into the buying place and use customers as guinea pigs, you actually R&D your own stuff and make sure that it is G2G before it ever hits customer hands. I wish everyone else was like that. I would rather wait on a good product than not wait on crap, hate it, and have to buy the product AGAIN when it is "fixed". Which oddly seems to take the same amount of time as just waiting until you R&D it yourself.

It's better to create anxiety through long wait periods sprinkled with accurate project updates than it is to breed disgust by releasing more junk to the market place. We can already buy as much junk components as we want. We don't need more. We need perfection. Thankyou, Kip!

This is what I received from carriercomp on 6/4/11 so it looks like no black right now.

Paul,

Regretfully, we do not yet have black bolt knobs available. The two current options are "muted" and "radiant". This is something that Kip has in the works, but there is no definite ETAat this time. Please check in at our online store occasionally forupdates on items such as these.

Respectfully,

Marcy McDaniel

carriercomp

Just out of curiosity, how long ago did you inquire; how long did it take to get your response? I sent an inquiry on carriercomp.com over 2 weeks ago and never got a response back. I sent Kip a PM here on this forum over a week ago and haven't heard from him. I'd like to place an order for just about every product he has to offer for the M4. I'm just waiting for a response back. :confused:

Guest cleefurd
Just out of curiosity, how long ago did you inquire;... I'm just waiting for a response back. ...

Hi Steve,

PM sent.

I had placed a "star" by your previous email, with the intent (lagging) of setting aside the required time to address the numerous great inquiries you posed.

I covered many of them in the PM too.

Might have missed a few points regarding details which are still in the works. The Geissele update is encouraging. "Much closer" is the word from their camp.

Working 3rd shift (summer routine to beat the heat) so emailing as you had is best.

Thanks for the continued interest.

More soon,

Kip

Hi Steve,

PM sent.

I had placed a "star" by your previous email, with the intent (lagging) of setting aside the required time to address the numerous great inquiries you posed.

I covered many of them in the PM too.

Might have missed a few points regarding details which are still in the works. The Geissele update is encouraging. "Much closer" is the word from their camp.

Working 3rd shift (summer routine to beat the heat) so emailing as you had is best.

Thanks for the continued interest.

More soon,

Kip

I wonder what the trigger will feel like from them. I have one of their SSA triggers in an AR and it would be absurd in a shotgun. Make you want to put a scope on it.

I just got my rail and mag tube w/spring and follower . Yay ! I wanted to order the charging handle also but it seems there is still no black one (same color as M4) available . Dose any one know when and if these will be available . I have e-mailed Kip a few times but never get any reply's . I would like to order one now if possible . Thanks

socom1,

I got a double reply to the same inquiry.

Either he likes me better, or he dumb-thumbed the reply key and forgot to hit send on yours:o.

He indicated at this point he is having difficulty amassing enough extras to send out for the coating process, since the muted option is steady selling.

Maybe we should boycott the muted ones so he has no choice but to send all future produce out for the black coating.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Do you know what kind of equipment he invested in to be able to properly harden the A2 tang? I am positive that he treats things other than a few dozen A2 bolt tangs a week in it.

His setup isn't cheap, and he probably hasn't made beans off those bolt-handles, certainly less than a few % of the cost of the setup he has for it. Kip makes M4 parts for us because he likes to. He wants to. He enjoys the exercise of creating perfection, and feels that the M4 is a good niche platform to express that, and he is a guy who likes to help others.

Not sure if serious on boycotting his muted finished handles or if it was a joke, but his wallet isn't really worried about M4 bolt-handle sales. It's a labor of love and we owe him a thank-you, not limp-wristed ultimatums. For Kip, building these parts is about expression and enjoyment, not profit and margins.

Not sure if serious on boycotting his muted finished handles or if it was a joke...

I personally did not boycott.

I have various maker's bolt knobs, and his appears to have triple the manufacturing costs and time involved. I just want the black one now, even if it represents quadruple effort, just send me the bill:D.

Kip explained on the phone how the solid ti variant was a single operation, yet on the hybrid he has two op's on the ti part, and 6 op's for the A2 part, after which the joining process is performed, rounded out by the muted process. Like Unobtanium once stated, "Good things come to those who wait" I'm on board with that.

Maybe we should boycott the muted ones so he has no choice but to send all future produce out for the black coating.

I already have, in a sense. Not gonna buy the muted one since I'm waiting on the black ones. Also, I'd like to see a longer one since I run the GG&G oversized bolt release button.

I already have, in a sense. Not gonna buy the muted one since I'm waiting on the black ones. Also, I'd like to see a longer one since I run the GG&G oversized bolt release button.

The GG&G button is a pain. I used to have one.

Solution? CMM bolt release and a Dawson Precision 1911 oversize mag-release button. Perfect for me and it cost a lot less.

I respectfully disagree. I love mine. It's the one GG&G part that I think belongs on a Benelli shotgun. Works great on mine with the factory bolt handle. Wouldn't want a shortened one though.

It worked okay with the OEM handle except that the button hit the receiver. I didn't like that. Meant I was giving up some amount of travel and I found I had to press on it "all the way" to release the bolt. Any piece of muck between the button and receiver would have prevented bolt-release. I didn't think it the best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...