Benelli or Stoeger

gunjunkie89

I owned 2 of the M2000 Stoegers and still asking myself why? Love everything about the gun, weight, balance, looks etc but not reliable at all. Several issues with shells inadvertantly poping out of the magazine, or getting stuck half way out of the magazine. Bought the second gun after Stoeger assured me they fixed the first one and less than 200 rounds started to have the same problems. I sent both guns back.

How well are the Stoegers built and is it worth just getting a Benelli.

Thanks

IMHO, it is not "worth" getting the Benelli. Benelli barrels are extremely thin. You do tend to take extra care of the $1000 shotgun, so as not to drop it on the muzzle...but it does happen. Bennis have the same problems as Stoegers, but perhaps not quite so many.

I've had sveral Beretta inertia guns(Benelli M1, M3 & a 1201FP); I now have 2 of the Stoegers.

I like the Stoegers, and inertials in general. If she's petite and/or not an avid shooter, the gas-gun would probably be a better choice, though I like the Mossber 930s more than the Remingtons.