anyone here from the gulf coast of texas or arkansas?

bigkuntry72

me and a couple buddies are plannin a trip next year. drivin down to texas gulf coast to hunt for a couple days then hit arkansas for a couple days on the way back. lookin for some advice on some good public spots and best time to go. not really lookin for mallards as we got a ton up here. lookin to do this as cheap as possible want to just camp where were gonna hunt. i know guys dont want to give up there sweet spots but any advice would be appreciated thanks.

http://www.agfc.com/hunting/Pages/HuntingWaterfowl.aspx

I used to hunt public land years ago and it was a place called The Skatters now known as (Bayo Meto) which was one of only a few public areas that were open to those less fortunate as myself! It's on most maps!

These guys can be the only good source for equipment/Gunsmith in that area if you need it?

http://www.mackspw.com/

Edited by HOGWILD

If you go to Bayou Meto in Arkansas, you really need a boat. Its a great place to hunt but it will become a boat race to the best spots. It is probably some of the best public green timber hunting in the United States. Horsepower is limited to 25 hp and if you don't have a 25 hp motor you will lose the race. You can not leave the launch sites until 4 am. The experienced hunters have all the best spots marks on their gps and will follow the tracks back to those spots. You are limited to 15 shells and have to stop hunting by noon. There is one walk-in area. Please go to the Arkansas Game & Fish website and you can download the maps of all the public WMAs and the regulations. Hope this helps.

Man things have changed since i was a kid, we used to just walk in to the flooded timber and their was not all those restrictions back then only limits on ducks? I guess it has been some time back! One other thing you could look at is an outfitter listed on MPW website? I used to hunt soybean fields and river bottoms around the Ouachita River which is about 80 miles due west of Bayou Meto with good luck! River runs from North of Camden, Arkansas to way past West Monroe, Louisiana!

Edited by HOGWILD