what steel is working for you guys shooting M1's?

duckbustnbenelli

:(you guys make me feel so cheap. Carlson's extended mod choke + Winchester Xpert 3" 1-1/4oz #2 steel works just fine @ $109/cs delivered to my front door...well used to deliver but here in Calif no more online purchases or resident ammo deliveries allowed(has to be face to face) 2/1/2011...that sucks.

Thank God I planned ahead...:D

Edited by hattles

Im totally with you Hattles, we shoot a lot of Win Experts here and no regrets. However this year I did shoot a lot of Federal blue box, on sale at Rogers for like $10 a box in 3".....

Still using standard Inv plus chokes in my SX2.......it just works.

you guys make me feel so cheap. Carlson's extended mod choke + Winchester Xpert 3" 1-1/4oz #2 steel works just fine @ $109/cs delivered to my front door...well used to deliver but here in Calif no more online purchases or resident ammo deliveries allowed(has to be face to face) 2/1/2011...that sucks.

Thank God I planned ahead...

Coupla things;

AB962 never applied to shotgun ammuntion, and, it was overturned yesterday :)

As for cheap ammo, shoot what you like, I just shoot what works best for me, and HM has been working just fine for me. I don't hunt ducks to save money, I can buy cheap meat at the store. I hunt with the best stuff I can afford, because the best stuff usually works the best :D

Coupla things;

AB962 never applied to shotgun ammuntion, and, it was overturned yesterday :)

mudhen, AB962 would dis-allow ALL mail order/online/phone ammunition purchases. ALL ammo transactions were required to be face to face transactions. As for rifle & shotgun ammo, you just didn't have to sign your name and leave a fingerprint.:)

AB962 never applied to shotgun ammuntion, and, it was overturned yesterday

mudhen, AB962 would dis-allow ALL mail order/online/phone ammunition purchases. ALL ammo transactions were required to be face to face transactions. As for rifle & shotgun ammo, you just didn't have to sign your name and leave a fingerprint.

Incorrect, moot for now, but still incorrect :)

Now, some ammo selling companies stated that they would voluntarily stop shipping ALL ammo to Cali in protest of AB962, but that was/is their personal decision. Sure, .410 could be an issue, but .410 pistols are not legal in Cali, and I know of no legal 28/20/12/10 gauge pistols in Cali, so it can be presumed that shotgun ammo would have been fine to order on-line/catalog even in AB 962 had passed.

The bill would provide, subject to exceptions, that commencing February 1, 2011, the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee. A violation of these provisions would be a misdemeanor.

mudhen, you're right, I stand corrected.:o

DeLeon made a feeble attempt to classify all of the dual purpose calibers as handgun ammo and that was rejected so it ended up that there was no specific clarification of what was "handgun" ammo vs rifle ammo, which left the legislation as "vague" and ultimately caused the legislations downfall. Because the law was vague, online vendors did send out notices that they would cease sales to California residents effective 2/1/2011.

This jerk DeLeon and the Calif libs won't stop trying though.

Edited by hattles