Benelli M4 -- Reborn

StrangerDanger

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SD, I want pics of the truck. Tan Rhino Lined Dodge on Black rims? SHTF truck?

Untitled-1.jpg?t=1298947734

Absolutely SHTF.

Color matched Line-X coated body. Full KORE Unlimied racing suspension. Fiberglass fenders and bedsides. It's actually only 3.5" of lift. Keeping a low center of gravity was the goal.

It started as a 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Single Rear Wheel 4x4. It's a diesel too.

The wheels are 37" x 13.5" on 17" Centerline wheels that I had powder coated.

I like.., diesel is my preference too.:D Are you running a compressor or winch?

No winch or onboard air. There isn't much to winch to out here unless I haul sand drags. Hooking to other vehicles would be okay, but I usually go out alone.

Plus there is a weight concern for adding a winch bumper. It was set up to do 60mph on rough dirt roads. Just watch out for the wash outs that yard sale the truck.

The 3" Fox Shox in the front eat up most of the hits. I only put 2.5" in the rear since it's pretty light back there.

The front axle has a full truss welded to it to keep it from smiling.

I did a bunch of reinforcements to the steering too. Put in a full cross over steering with HEIM joints. Inch and a half steel tube construction. Extra bracing for the steering box and intermediate shafts.

Edited by StrangerDanger

Stranger, I don't see a choke on that great looking gun! Might I suggest http://www.blackborechokes.com/index.php/chokes/tactical.html! ;)

GTPSC (Mark)

www.blackborechokes.com

I considered one, but the biggest issue for me is avoiding additional length.

I was playing with the idea of doing the carriercomp setup if I ever get around to doing the Form 1 for the 14". The one that adds an additional round via a mag cap and the comp. It would be shorter than it is now, and hold the functionality.

Looks great man. Just needs a sling and you'll be set. Hey, how much do those 14" barrels that you speak of usually go for?

The last time any came up were from Botach on Gunbroker and they ran $995. IIRC, cleefurd and texas skeeker bought one each.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a M80 that didn't have bent rails today. I didn't have too much time today before leaving for the night. However, I did fit the GearSector mount to the M80. I had to remove some rubber to allow for clearance. I tapped the mount over the rail with a small 8 ounce hammer to score a mark on the rubber. This mark is the clearance line.

The rubber cut easily with rotory power tools. I ground down to the line and back as far as needed to mount the mount. It took me about 20 minutes taking my time. I only had to remove about 3/8" of rubber for maybe an inch.

The unit installs to the barrel with the light in place. I had some concerns that it would interfere.

I'm using black LaRue index clips for rail covers. It's still wider than the factory forearm, but it isn't anywhere as bad as when I used xtm covers in the past. The LaRue clips feel like the ladder rails in size, but offer more grip, protection, heat protection and are easier to rearrange. Most other covers must be cut to fit.

I have an AFG1 and a AFG2 to try. I'm not sold on them yet. I hope the grip alone will be sufficient.

The light placement is perfect. It's close to the barrel and up out of the way at the 10:30 position. The momentary button is easy to hit, but not in the way.

Sling mounting to the M80 is excellent. I'm using a GearSector QD mount at the very back of the left side rail.

I bought a new black Surefire m600c for this project.

I'll take some photos tomorrow after I figure out which grip or no grip to use.

Guest cleefurd
Won't have any chokes that way though. No bueno.

Mine from Botach had no chokes either, but did have walls thick enough for possible conversion. King armory route might put you into the thinner walls, making it harder to adapt chokes later on.

Nope, Nelli is all mine!

Yes, the top section is a rubberized plastic material that attaches to the aluminum extrusion where the rails are actually on. The rubberized portion conforms around the piston assembly. No metal touches the barrel assembly.

When you mount the rail assembly to the barrel, you push it through the rubberized portion. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to remove the rail from the barrel portion without taking off the light, but that wasn't the case. So the entire lighting assembly is one piece. Take it off and throw on the stock guards.

Now, imagine this on a 14" gun. ;)

Edited by StrangerDanger