Benelli M4 -- Reborn

StrangerDanger

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Interesting setup. Albeit heavy! I really do like the 14" barrel though...

Screenshot2011-03-24at72054PM.png

StrangerDanger, nice work of art! Can you help with a question, please. I also purchased the Dave's Metal Works Oversized Safety, doe this require a gunsmith to put it together? I was a little disappointed the DMW part arrived without any instructions. :confused:

Will you please provide any inputs about this? Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,

17load

That one isn't mine, but I have the DMW oversized safety as well. It comes apart rather easy. Take a look at this schematic.

ben-M4.gif

You need to tap out pin #22. Once you do that and remove your roll punch, parts #24 and #25 will come out.

Once those parts are out, the safety will just pull out. The trouble is, when you tap out the roll pin, you can easily damage the spring. I ended up kinking about 1/16" of the spring. However, this actually worked out in my favor since I always thought the safety was too difficult to push. Trimming it a bit makes it a lot easier to push, but not in a dangerous manner.

To do it without causing any damage to the spring would require a tool that presses in around the sides of the roll pin through the top.

When reassembling, you have to compress the spring and detent to allow you to tap the roll pin back into place. This can damage the spring if you don't do it properly.

Once done, you'll be amazed at how much easier it is to manipulate the safety. You can deactivate the safety with the trigger finger at the second knuckle without breaking your firing grip.

Wow, StrangerDanger, you're the HEAT! :D

I'm definitely going to have to read that 1-2 or 32 times before I attempt it! The last thing I want is to muck it up!!

I appreciate your time and effort to add the diagram and directions - that's HUGE!!

Cheers!!