Supernova with pistol or comfortech stock?

tasum

Thinking of a supernova in 12g and really like the pistol grip stock. Would I be better off buying it with the comfortech stock and then adding a pistol grip later?

Is the comfortech stock a much more expensive option than an aftermarket pg stock?

I have an M2 with the c/t and like it very much, but would like the option of a p/g for the supernova and it would be great if the p/g would also fit on my M2.

Is there an aftermarket p/g that will fit both?

Use will be vermin control.

Anyone got a view or advice?

Thanks for looking.

i got the pistol grip thinking that the barrel would be cheaper but now im starting to think i was wrong.. at least my 18 works just fine using slugs for hogs and deer and works decent for clays with birdshot once you get the hang of it.. had no problems so far.. just wondering if itll work for turkey and geese

so do you now think the pistol grip is better than the comfortech?

i'm trying to decide whether to buy the comfortech stocked version and then buy a pistol grip stock for it

OR buy with pistol and then buy a comfortech stock.

i'm thinking cheaper to buy with comfortech and add p/g as c/t very expensive, p/g about $150.

anyone done it this way?

so do you now think the pistol grip is better than the comfortech?

i'm trying to decide whether to buy the comfortech stocked version and then buy a pistol grip stock for it

OR buy with pistol and then buy a comfortech stock.

i'm thinking cheaper to buy with comfortech and add p/g as c/t very expensive, p/g about $150.

anyone done it this way?

i honestly like the pg more than the comfortech but thats just me. i think the supernova with the pg feels amazing and is comfortable to me for anything i use it for including trapshooting.. as far as which route is better going, im not sure.. wish i could help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tasum

I did what you want to do but I had to get a part from Benelli to make it work. I had to change the Stock Retaining Nut Screw from this one (050B) on my SuperNova...

IMG_1545.jpg

to this one (050G)

IMG_1565.jpg

My parts list supplied with the firearm shows part code 050B, but as you can see in the top image, there's a collar on the thread that prevented the SteadyGrip pistol stock from sliding all the way to the receiver.

I called Benelli and the code number for the Stock Retaining Nut Screw on the SBEII and the M2 is 050G (not 050B) and should be the same on the SuperNova, no idea why mine is different.

The SteadyGrip Pistol Grip part number is 83159 and according to the Benelli catalog, it fits the SuperNova, SBEII and the M2.

When I spoke to Benalli customer service, they told me the part number for 050G is 61094 (RCL SPRING PLUG ASSY M2/SBE II)... and the best part? They sent it to me free and I got it in a few days.

Replacing it was easy. As you may have read, this part might be glued into the Recoil Spring Tube, but mine wasn't and had a metal ring washer that forms to the thread in the tube. 17mm wrench had it off no problem. (image in next post)

I got the SteadyGrip for $90 on eBay, though the going rate seems to be $150.

Next, I'm getting the Burris SpeedBead for the pistol grip setup for Turkey hunting and later the 18.5 tactical barrel and the tube extender for home defense.

Hope this info helps! AND THANK YOU BENELLI FOR HOOKING ME UP, YOU ROCK!

Edited by Gavin
updated part number

tasum

Here's the setup. I'll post more when I get the SpeedBead. I'll be waiting for the tactical barrel.

The pads aren't pushed in fully in these pics as I did this to show you it fits. btw, it feels like a totally different firearm with the pistol grip. LOVE IT!

both.jpg

getting the field version drilled for a rail might be easier than getting a turkey setup. I believe from what I've read, SH ComforTech stocks are like hens teeth.

Good luck! Love to know what/how your hunting in the motherland is going! Being a Leicester boy... hunting in TX is a lot of fun :)

• 4 weeks later...

I ran into the exact same problem with the collar on the thread and saw your post. I called Benelli, received and installed the correct RCL SPRING ASSY and the steady grip. This helped, but did not fully close the gap between the stock and receiver. I went through all the accessories including the shims that can be put between the stock and receiver to fill the gap and they are not compatible with the 2 male prongs sticking out of the stready grip stock that just barely "plug" into the 2 holes in the receiver. Any advise?

I know you can't use the shims when using the pistol grip. Does it seat correctly when you slide it on without the sling mount inserted in the stock? And the screw you got from Benelli, is it threaded all the way? And just one more thought, are you using a deep set 6 sided 13mm socket?

• 2 years later...

Reviving an old thread, sorry. Ive been searching for answers for the last week to no avail. Benelli CS seems backlogged as no one has returned my inquiry (I called and waited for 15mins but left a msg as the recording said someone would return my call before the end of day...4 days later, no return call).

I have a SN Tactical with a pistol grip stock. I got ahold of a cheap Comfortech stock but it does not come with any mounting hardware. The Tactical came with a simple bolt with a 13mm head that goes through the sling plate and screws into a nut that is threaded into the recoil tube which is secured in the tube with a C-ring. My question is whether or not I have to buy additional parts to slap it on. I should be receiving the stock within a week but figured Id get a headstart on parts collecting so I can test it out ASAP.

common sense tells me it should work just fine with the bolt I currently have, but there is also a locking plate in the manual that I may need to find/make. Does anyone know if the flared portion on the stud is absolutely critical to securing a comfortech to the firearm?

Finally got ahold of CS and here is what they say I need...

Benelli Part# 60850 available from numerous online retailers including Midwayusa.com(cheapest I've found 27.99+s/h), Brownells, etc. Again, this is if you are converting your Supernova (Non-Comfortech) stock to a Comfortech stock.

This includes a shim kit, drop change plate, and locking plate. The original Tactical steadygrip PG bolt will work (per CS). I just ordered it and it should be here within a week. I'll post the results.

I bought a Supernova with a 14" barrel and collapsible stock. I'm in Canada and we can buy such a gun right off the shelf. I removed the pistolgrip and collapsible and traded it with a nice gentleman from NJ. I put his Comfortech on mine. I liked the Comfortech better, but I used the gun for hunting! I found the CS to be of no use to me. I live in a big city where there are little to no home invasions in my area. We don't have pistols in our nightstands or shotguns in the corner...but I digress.

The Comfortech option felt and looked better to me. Apparently, I could have gotten a LOT of money selling my collapsible to a US buyer but that didn't seem fair to me. I found it to be a somewhat cheap looking stock, not worth $300-400. (I only payed $750 for the whole gun!). I was pleased with the trade/switch. I did have to make some minor alterations to fit the Comfortech, though. Karldroberts at hot mail dott comm for more info or photos. I posted 3-4 short videos on YouTube, if you care to see them. (I'm wearing a black coat/hat)

Ended up selling the gun and bought a Supernova Camo with a 28" barrel. Better for hunting and clays and not nearly as loud! The 14"er was VERY LOUD. Made my ears ring for hours.