M4 C Stock

Sniper

Can anyone answer the following?

Does the C Stock fit on and adjust on the standard M4 recoil tube (my recoil tube has three notches on its top and side).

Can you add a Limbsaver to the C stock can Limbsaver custom fit one for you?

Is the cheek riser on the C stock adjustable up and down for optic height?

I have a M1014.. where can I buy the correct recoil tube to make mine functional (when I move out of state of course)..???

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=983200&catid=10315

Stripped unit

Does the C Stock fit on and adjust on the standard M4 recoil tube (my recoil tube has three notches on its top and side).

It sounds as if your recoil tube assembly is the proper unit.

Can you add a Limbsaver to the C stock can Limbsaver custom fit one for you?

I'm sure a gunsmith could do this. You might even be able to do it yourself.

Is the cheek riser on the C stock adjustable up and down for optic height?

The only direct adjustment is the position of the stock. Example, in the middle position, the cheek riser is higher than fully extended.

Edited by StrangerDanger

Does the middle position allow for easy optics viewing (Eotech flat mount)?

Is the view in that position better than the synthetic pistol grip factory stock (which is really bad)?

Mine does and I use a Leupold Prismatic on a Larue mount with the middle spacer. Yes on the second question as well.

DSCN1917.jpg

Nice photo, thanks! It is good to hear that you can see through your optic at the height you have it mounted from the middle position. BTW why mount it so high; co-witness through irons?

Because of the kind of optic the Prismatic is, I needed to get it farther back on the weapon than a standard red dot for proper eye relief. The spacer kept me from removing the rear ghost ring sight to accomodate the optic. It just so happened that it's the perfect height for me.

I haven't put any rounds thru the brake yet but will report back when I do. With the RA chokes, I imagine it will perform admirably.

KB Fab, the mag tube extension matches the stock finish perfectly. Did you refinish an extension or purchase one that already matched the original finish?? Nice shotgun.

I purchased it from carriercomp in the finish that matches the weapon. It's an absolutely stellar part. Here's a better view.

DSCN1436.jpg

Edited by KB Fab

The choice of optics is always highly personal. For a shotgun I find a 1X (unlimited eye relief) (rapid target acquisition) with a lit reticle to work best. I have used a BSA red dot (Walmart $30, hold zero nice) but now have an Eotech 517 Holographic ($380 E-Bay). I hear nice things about Aimpoints as well.