Ket-Tec KSG 14 round Bull Pup Shotgun

tasum

Anyone of you US guys shot one of these?

Vids on youtube, good review on nutnfancy

anyone think we may get them in the UK, think it may be too short, how long are they?

18″ barrel and 26.5″ overall length

Best place to learn about them.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1295380994

Edited by TacticalKoala

It handles nice. If I was to buy a pump gun, it would be at the top of the list.

I thought you couldn't even have a love gun in the UK?

Not sure what a 'love gun' is.

We can have multishot sotguns, but they are held on a firearms licence rather than a shotgun licence.

We have 2 systems; 1 for firearms and one for shotguns.

Shotguns can be held on shotgun certificate as long as they are only max 2+1 capacity.

I'm going to pick one up if I have money by the time the tan or green ones come out (near the end of the year, according to Kel-Tec).

I have a hard time thinking of a firearm better suited for home defense than this. It's compact, lightweight, high-capacity shotgun that allows you to have two different types of ammunition loaded at the same time. Flip a switch and you can go from buckshot to slugs. It isn't perfect, but--as for home defense purposes--it is close.

Best yet, IF a 10-round magazine capacity limitation is imposed, this will likely fit within it as its ammunition is distributed between two magazines.

I can see these going the way of the Striker 12 and Street Sweeper as DDs (non-sporting high capacity .5" bore etc). Might want to grab one quick and wait for the amnesty registration...Looks similar/lesser version to the old NeoStead 2000 but that wasn't importable (thanks BATF)

Edited by Super Dak©

According to the Kel-Tec guy at the Kel-Tec booth at the Shot Show this Kel-Tec shotgun is "designed (only) for 2 3/4" shells to function and feed". Who would want a 'modern' shotgun that's limited to 2 3/4" rounds? (although I prefer not shooting 3" rounds, I like the option just in case) The fact that it only "functions and feeds" reliably with 2 3/4" rounds indicates to me overall reliability issues. For a RELIABLE pump shotty which is limited to 2 3/4" rounds I'll continue to depend on my 18.5" Model 12.

There's another youtube video of this shotgun which shows its less than smooth action, and that's a promo video from Kel-Tec.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

According to the Kel-Tec guy at the Kel-Tec booth at the Shot Show this Kel-Tec shotgun is "designed (only) for 2 3/4" shells to function and feed". Who would want a 'modern' shotgun that's limited to 2 3/4" rounds? (although I prefer not shooting 3" rounds, I like the option just in case) The fact that it only "functions and feeds" reliably with 2 3/4" rounds indicates to me overall reliability issues. For a RELIABLE pump shotty which is limited to 2 3/4" rounds I'll continue to depend on my 18.5" Model 12.

I'm not defending Kel-Tec (I've heard plenty of stories about their reliability issues from friends that own them) but I don't understand the argument for 3" shells in a HD/SD shotgun. It's not a hunting gun, so it's most likely only going to see buckshot and slugs (plus less than lethal rounds). But I guess that's just me. I've never even bought 3" shells for my M2 (let alone needed or shot them). My Street Sweeper is only designed for 2 3/4" (aluminum cylinder and barrel) but if 12 rounds of 00 buck won't get the job done, I either need to learn how to shoot better or grab a bigger gun :)

I'm not defending Kel-Tec (I've heard plenty of stories about their reliability issues from friends that own them) but I don't understand the argument for 3" shells in a HD/SD shotgun. It's not a hunting gun, so it's most likely only going to see buckshot and slugs (plus less than lethal rounds). But I guess that's just me. I've never even bought 3" shells for my M2 (let alone needed or shot them). My Street Sweeper is only designed for 2 3/4" (aluminum cylinder and barrel) but if 12 rounds of 00 buck won't get the job done, I either need to learn how to shoot better or grab a bigger gun :)

As I posted, I prefer using 2 3/4" rounds over 3" (for a number of reasons) however if and when in the future sugar turns to sh*t optimally one would benefit from having the capability of using 3" rounds as the gun was designed to handle them should one acquire 3" rounds somehow - rather than be limited to 2 3/4".

How long does it take you to empty all the spent hulls and reload that Street Sweeper to full capacity?

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Gonna share something with you from personal experience: when one is very seriously injured one is best served with an autoloader as a pump can and will let you down due to being under stressfire and especially if seriously injured. Add the complications involved in keeping track of twin magazines and you have a recipe for deep kimshee. In theory it sounds wonderful, but in practice the outcome will likely be less than desirable.

As I posted, I prefer using 2 3/4" rounds over 3" (for a number of reasons) however if and when in the future sugar turns to sh*t optimally one would benefit from having the capability of using 3" rounds as the gun was designed to handle them should one acquire 3" rounds somehow - rather than be limited to 2 3/4".

How long does it take you to empty and reload that Street Sweeper?

Gonna share something with you from personal experience: when one is very seriously injured one is best served with an autoloader as a pump can and will let you down due to being under stressfire and especially if seriously injured. Add the complications involved in keeping track of twin magazines and you have a recipe for deep kimshee. In theory it sounds wonderful, but in practice the outcome will likely be less than desirable.

Like I said, I'm not defending them, nor do I want that gun or plan on getting one. None of my guns are pump, and I don't plan on getting one of those either. So I'm not defending the design, the company, or anyone that does decide to get one. But none of my NFA guns are going to be used for self defense either (short of all out war/zombie invasion). If you need the be-all end-all in tactical, that's great and get what you want. But most people don't need that and just like cool stuff :)

With that said, I can reload the SS in about a minute (don't know what that has to do with anything), and I never compared it to my M2 or any other auto. IF I needed more ammo, I'm just dropping it and grabbing one of my machine guns (obviously having loaded mags is quicker to reload than any tube fed shotgun). The SS is just another toy/investment to me.

How long does it take you to empty all the spent hulls and reload that Street Sweeper to full capacity?

it will shoot 3" one at a time ;)