Any recommend Benelli Gunsmiths

BriggsRi

I should be receiving my new Benelli M4 sometime next week and I'm already looking at a chop / cut rebuild & must have accessories.

One thing I would like to do is Form-1 the M4 to a SBS and I need a gunsmith who can cut the bbl, move the sights, and re-attach everything as needed.

Any suggestions or directions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I'm curious to know how much they charge too. Barrel length appears to be 14".

If you take away all the bling, you're only looking at the barrel work as the mag tube for the 14" is the same as the one that comes stock on the 18.5" M4. I can see that running in the $400-$600 range if I had to guess.

Ok, so this is what I have so far:

Joey from King Armory ( http://www.kingarmory.com/ ) 520-450-0678 called me today and we discussed what is needed to SBS a Benelli M4 - by the way Joey was very helpful and explained everything in detail.

- Send in factory BBL with your info and work to be done

- Cut, bbl from 18.5" to 14"

- Relocate from site and other parts - re-attach weld / soldering etc

- Machine BBL to accept Benelli choke tubes - and all of the special work that is needed.

- Re-coat BBL

- Laser engrave BBL for NFA Form-1 information

BBL will be shipped back to you after you provide them with a photo copy of the required NFA F-1 papers.

Joey has several BBL's line up to do this work right now, so send your BBL in and he will get started in the next few weeks.

Cost:

BBL work - $ 250

Laser engraving - $ 30

I will be sending my M4 bbl out to Joey as soon as my dealer tells me that my new M4 has arrived. In the mean time, I'll get the paper worked started for the NFA process.

That's a heck of a lot better than I had expected honestly. Do yourself a favor and order Kip's shorty tube while you're at it.

Did he mention how long the work takes to complete?

Did he mention what is done about the choke?

Sounds like to me that the BBL work will be completed long before the ATF F-1 approvals have been completed.

Regarding the choke, Joey said that the 14" bbl will have the same matching specs as the 18.5" bbl - crowned and all of needed machine work to make them identical.

How are you going to get anything started without the serial number of an M4 you say you don't own yet??:confused:

Once the out of state dealer ships my M4, he will send me the serial number. From there I will have to do the following:

-Passport Photos

-Fill out the Form 1 application

-Fill out the Certification of Compliance

-Make an appointment with Chief of Police for finger prints cards

Once I have received my M4 verify the serial number, complete my appointment with the Chief of Police, make copies of everything, and send out the forms and Uncle Sugars $200 ck.

There are lots of things I can do prior to the M4 arriving - I'm a planner!:D

One more thing - where can I order the "Kip's shorty tube" from and how much do they run?

Thanks,

Man, I love having a new project to work on!:D

Unless they have been listed on the cc site, you will have to contact Kip directly. They are $159 + shipping.:)

Once the out of state dealer ships my M4, he will send me the serial number. From there I will have to do the following:

-Passport Photos

-Fill out the Form 1 application

-Fill out the Certification of Compliance

-Make an appointment with Chief of Police for finger prints cards

Once I have received my M4 verify the serial number, complete my appointment with the Chief of Police, make copies of everything, and send out the forms and Uncle Sugars $200 ck.

There are lots of things I can do prior to the M4 arriving - I'm a planner!:D

yall have to get finger printed to own a gun?

Ok, so this is what I have so far:

Joey from King Armory ( http://www.kingarmory.com/ ) 520-450-0678 called me today and we discussed what is needed to SBS a Benelli M4 - by the way Joey was very helpful and explained everything in detail.

- Send in factory BBL with your info and work to be done

- Cut, bbl from 18.5" to 14"

- Relocate from site and other parts - re-attach weld / soldering etc

- Machine BBL to accept Benelli choke tubes - and all of the special work that is needed.

- Re-coat BBL

- Laser engrave BBL for NFA Form-1 information

BBL will be shipped back to you after you provide them with a photo copy of the required NFA F-1 papers.

Joey has several BBL's line up to do this work right now, so send your BBL in and he will get started in the next few weeks.

Cost:

BBL work - $ 250

Laser engraving - $ 30

I will be sending my M4 bbl out to Joey as soon as my dealer tells me that my new M4 has arrived. In the mean time, I'll get the paper worked started for the NFA process.

Wow thats cheap.

Funny you need the fourm 1 paper work before he will send a barrel back to you. there is no law that says you can not own a barrel. I can buy 10 14"barrels and totaly be legal with zero paperwork.

But the I guess that saves you from wanting to put it on early to see what it looks like,lol.

yall have to get finger printed to own a gun?

It's required when creating a Short Barreled Shotgun, which is a NFA regulated weapon. Much of that can be bypassed with a Gun Trust. Albeit, this is initially a little more expensive to start up, but has some inheritance and use advantages. You can skip the finger printing, photos and most importantly the CLEO sign off.

The tan M4 isn't mine. Just one I saw somewhere else who did the barrel work through King.

Hey, hadn't been on here in awhile but saw a ton of people were visiting our site from here so figured I'd check in to see what was going on. Just to clarify a couple things, we're not rethreading for chokes, the Benelli barrel is too thin to do that well. Were relocating items from the choked section of the barrel. If you look at the M4 barrel you can see how it flares out just prior to the choke tube, this is done to allow enough room to thread for the choke tubes.

We've built all the needed tools to do the conversion right, and as long as we're doing several at a time it can be done quite reasonably (around $250-300). If you'd like to pay more, feel free to do so, we won't stop ya :p

As far as not sending the barrels back until we get a copy of the ATF paperwork, you guys are right, it isn't required legally. The reason we require it is because we keep the copy of the form attached to the invoice for our records. The ATF has been watching us businesses that manufacture parts and modify parts a lot more closely in the past couple years (which is ironic since we don't fall under their jurisdiction), so we have copies of the forms for every NFA item that leaves here so we can document on our end that the part was for a legally-owned NFA item and that we're not making 'sawed-offs' for 'da homies' :D We do a lot of NFA barrel and component work on various guns, so obviously we want to make sure our stuff isn't falling into the wrong hands either or is being put together in an illegal manner by someone who just doesn't know better. For every NFA barrel we do, we probably fix two barrels that some knucklehead cut too short

We are still waiting on a couple more M4 barrels to come in before we tool up for this next batch of conversions, so if you need to get yours done, let us know ASAP so we can get it added to the list.

Also, we got a fresh batch of our KA-1212BR breaching attachments finished up. We can install one on your M4 barrel after the converting it to 14" for about $140 additional (includes the part and installation)

Hey, hadn't been on here in awhile but saw a ton of people were visiting our site from here so figured I'd check in to see what was going on. Just to clarify a couple things, we're not rethreading for chokes, the Benelli barrel is too thin to do that well. Were relocating items from the choked section of the barrel. If you look at the M4 barrel you can see how it flares out just prior to the choke tube, this is done to allow enough room to thread for the choke tubes.

We've built all the needed tools to do the conversion right, and as long as we're doing several at a time it can be done quite reasonably (around $250-300). If you'd like to pay more, feel free to do so, we won't stop ya :p

As far as not sending the barrels back until we get a copy of the ATF paperwork, you guys are right, it isn't required legally. The reason we require it is because we keep the copy of the form attached to the invoice for our records. The ATF has been watching us businesses that manufacture parts and modify parts a lot more closely in the past couple years (which is ironic since we don't fall under their jurisdiction), so we have copies of the forms for every NFA item that leaves here so we can document on our end that the part was for a legally-owned NFA item and that we're not making 'sawed-offs' for 'da homies' :D We do a lot of NFA barrel and component work on various guns, so obviously we want to make sure our stuff isn't falling into the wrong hands either or is being put together in an illegal manner by someone who just doesn't know better. For every NFA barrel we do, we probably fix two barrels that some knucklehead cut too short

We are still waiting on a couple more M4 barrels to come in before we tool up for this next batch of conversions, so if you need to get yours done, let us know ASAP so we can get it added to the list.

Also, we got a fresh batch of our KA-1212BR breaching attachments finished up. We can install one on your M4 barrel after the converting it to 14" for about $140 additional (includes the part and installation)

can yall thread a fixed choked barrel so it can accept chokes? if so how much would that cost? i want to find some way to have my supernova accept chokes..

can yall thread a fixed choked barrel so it can accept chokes? if so how much would that cost? i want to find some way to have my supernova accept chokes..

We don't do much work with chokes here, I'd contact a smith that does a lot of work on sporting/hunting shotguns, they'd be a better authority on the subject. Most of what we deal with is LE/HD guns where 99% of the barrels are cylinder bores. There's a smith named Mike Orlen out of MA (413) 256-1630 who is a guru when it comes to chokes, if it can be done he'd know how to do it.

Thanks for the info king.

You guys do any forcing cone work?

Also, is the entire weapon needed, or just the barrel for sight alignment issues? Or do you just ball park it and adjust with the windage and elevation adjustments on the sights?

We do forcing cone work, but most Benelli barrels are chrome-lined and that really makes doing any reaming work more of a PITA than its worth. For the conversion we just need the barrel and the mag tube, we built the tooling to install everything just as it was on the factory barrel, so your sights will stay the same (or damn close) after we relocate it.