What rail is this on this m4?

John P.

I had that same mount on my M4 before getting the Gear Sector mount and had no problems with the way it fit.

Are you referring to the Mesa Tactical shotgun barrel clamp? There is no way to make up for the .050" gap between the MT mount inner diameter at .905" and the .850" outer diameter of the Benelli m4 barrel. So that leaves the Insight adapter, or the B&T adapter, both of which mount to the mag tube, which hinders disassembly. Or drop the $300 on the Sidearmor unit.

I'm working on a revised mounting system for the Benelli M4. The Sidearmor is nice, but it is heavy and bulky.

A Surefire M80 is arriving later today. I'm going to add a Magpul AFG to it. Then attach the Surefire Scout to the rail with a GearSector offset mount.

The issue is keeping the ergonomics functional. I've tried the M80 before in the past, and didn't care for it compared to the factory forearm. I intend to use LaRue index clips to cover the rail and to minimize bulk. The AFG may help.

What will be nice is the entire light package will be attached to the M80. The bulky top rail won't be present. So, in theory, you could swap back to the factory handguards easily.

I weighed the factory forearm before. Both halves weigh 5 ounces. A stripped M80 weighs 8 ounces. However, once you start adding rail covers, your weight will increase.

The M80 will count towards 922 compliance too.

For my top rail, I ordered a carriercomp replacement rail. I received it today. It is an extremely nice replacement part. If you plan on mounting anything to the top rail, I'd highly recommend it.

Hey, stranger, have you seen any photos of the gear sector with the setup you are going to on an M4?

I'll snap some tonight maybe. My m80 showed up, but it's FUBAR. The rails are all bent badly at each end. So now I'm RMA'ing it.

I did force the GearSector mount on as far as I could. The offset Is is perfect. The light hugs right over the top of the rubberized portion of the m80.

I'll snap some tonight maybe. My m80 showed up, but it's FUBAR. The rails are all bent badly at each end. So now I'm RMA'ing it.

I did force the GearSector mount on as far as I could. The offset Is is perfect. The light hugs right over the top of the rubberized portion of the m80.

Man, that stinks about the M80 being messed up. Do you think it something to do with shipping damage or did Surefire screw up in the QC department?

Looks like it came from Surefire that way, or I got someones return that they didn't inspect very well. The damage appears to have been done before it was anodized. It looks like it was crushed in a vice, and the ends of the side rails were beaten with a hammer.

The shipping box is in perfect condition.

Must of been a Monday build. I'll take a picture of it when I get home. Optics planet is paying for it's return shipping. But this will probably take 2 weeks to correct.

I'm working on a revised mounting system for the Benelli M4. The Sidearmor is nice, but it is heavy and bulky.

A Surefire M80 is arriving later today. I'm going to add a Magpul AFG to it. Then attach the Surefire Scout to the rail with a GearSector offset mount.

The issue is keeping the ergonomics functional. I've tried the M80 before in the past, and didn't care for it compared to the factory forearm. I intend to use LaRue index clips to cover the rail and to minimize bulk. The AFG may help.

What will be nice is the entire light package will be attached to the M80. The bulky top rail won't be present. So, in theory, you could swap back to the factory handguards easily.

I weighed the factory forearm before. Both halves weigh 5 ounces. A stripped M80 weighs 8 ounces. However, once you start adding rail covers, your weight will increase.

The M80 will count towards 922 compliance too.

For my top rail, I ordered a carriercomp replacement rail. I received it today. It is an extremely nice replacement part. If you plan on mounting anything to the top rail, I'd highly recommend it.

are you going to get rid of the sidearmor rail or hang onto it? I may be interested if the price is right

I plan on selling it. It might be a week or so though. I just looked at Sidearmors website. They don't sell the mod 1 anymore. This is a shame because it is much lighter than the mod 2. The mod 1 accepts detachable side rails so you can pick and choose where you need them. The full rail system on the sides can crowd your hand.

How does 275$ shipped sound?

Along with the full rail, you also get:

$25.45 2 short side rails

$38.20 1 long side rail

$54.95 1 4 round shell carrier

I want to sell all the items together.

I plan on selling it. It might be a week or so though. I just looked at Sidearmors website. They don't sell the mod 1 anymore. This is a shame because it is much lighter than the mod 2. The mod 1 accepts detachable side rails so you can pick and choose where you need them. The full rail system on the sides can crowd your hand.

How does 275$ shipped sound?

Along with the full rail, you also get:

$25.45 2 short side rails

$38.20 1 long side rail

$54.95 1 4 round shell carrier

I want to sell all the items together.

I'd be waiting on the tax return to pay anyhow, and the deal sounds good, but I don't want to commit and tie it up if you're able to sell it in front of me. Filed taxes electronically on 2/16, but the website says it can take up to 3 weeks to receive the return.

• 1 year later...