M1 Super 90 shopping

planman

Good evening gentlemen, first post here. I started my quest for a M1 super 90 and have some questions. Like alot of 90 owners I am wanting one for home protection and possibly for 3 gun competitions. I am confused about slug barrel models. Do I stay away from them? Are they only for hunting? I dont plan on doing any hunting with it and for that reason wasn't looking for a vent rib model either. Should I be looking for slug barrel models or not? Or does it even matter as long as I find one in good condition. I assume barrels can be switch out for whatever model I find. Going to a big gun show this weekend and I want to be prepared. Sorry for the long first post.

Thanks

planman, I would say that if you don't want to have more than the standard smoothbore barrel, it is the most versatile. You can shoot most any of the loads out there through it, whether shot loads or slug. If you are only going to shoot slugs and will use the rifle-type sights or an optic, get the slug barrel. But, as these guys will tell you, even a smoothbore can be very accurate with slugs using a load like the Federal Truball!

GTPSC

http://www.blackborechokes.com

I am a new m1 super 90 owner. I am really pleased with this gun. You can always add a rifled bore later. I would suggest a smooth bore first. I have seen barrels go for about 300-400 on gunbroker.

Thats the plan. I'm helping out a dealer friend at the Greensboro, NC gun show this weekend. If one shows up I am ready to POUNCE!

• 3 weeks later...

BINGO!!! Found me an M1 yesterday! I was helping a dealer friend work his table at a local gun show and a gentleman walked up with one on his shoulder. I asked him if it was for sale and the rest is history! In addition, he had the original box with him in his car! It's not an HK gun but the gun is in MINT condition, so I couldn't be more pleased. It has the 18.5" barrel with rifle sights and multiple chokes. It also has the magazine tube that is as long as the barrel. I'm not sure yet but it looks to be the "defense" model with the pistol grip.

Gentleman, I promise to post pictures later today. I am probably going to have some questions for you all. Lastly, I know that I am probably going to sell or trade the barrel so that I can get one with the ghost ring sights.

Thanks

• 1 month later...