Who uses their benelli for home defence?

tasum

sorry for getting off topic, but is that the optional "aluminum strike plate" and the "enhanced rubber butt pad" on your Magpul UBR stock? i like your style :)

Thanks. I added quite a bit to the UBR. It has ambidextrous sling mounts, the thicker rubber pad and an aftermarket strike plate. I like the larger rubber pad so I don't have to extend the stock as much. I also shifted the cheek riser to the rear to eliminate the gap.

The ambidextrous sling mounts are awesome. You can make a 2 point sling a 1 point. You can switch sides when on long hikes and your shoulder is getting sore.

I'll post the birdshot hits at home later tonight. I am having trouble getting the urls on my phone. Needless to say, birdshot is only moderately effective when you have the muzzle pressed against the target. In most cases, its low mass won't penetrate deep enough to cause significant blood loss or severe damage to the central nervous system. Without that, you're hoping for pain compliance only.

still waiting on those pics :D

and nice ar, i use to have an m&p15 but just recently sold it. i wish i never sold it :(

Tactical buckshot is usually a low recoil round. They usually offer less penetration, which can be good in certain instances where you have a dynamic environment where innocent lives may be beyond the target. Remember that they do not have to be in a straight shot from your position. Rounds will deflect, fragment and go all sorts of crazy ways. Regardless, you're responsible for them.

The lower recoil can aid faster follow up shots as well.

Those weren't my photos. The animals were from active or closed cases of animal abuse. You can look more up at:

http://www.pet-abuse.com

super do you have any pictures of your gun set up with the X400 and side armor? Id like to see where you put the X400 and how the side aromer looks please. thanks.

I just have the sidearmor side saddle (mod 2). Right now I'm using a KZ rail that mounts on the tube. But that's all about to change when I get the M80. I really don't like the fact that I need a tool to take the rail off and strip down the gun. Plus, when I put the thing back on it's a pain to line up perfectly straight, then I have to sight the laser in again. Things will be easier and more consistent with the surefire M80. Some people complain about the grip on the M80 but I figured since I'm putting a Magpul foregrip on there it won't really matter to me.

M4-3.jpg

M4-2.jpg

Edited by Super33

I don't use the M4 for home defense.

The rule here is that any firearms used in an incident is confiscated by the PD.

About a 50/50 chance of ever getting it back.

Attorney fees quickly exceed the cost of an M4.

So I use a "throw-away" FN TPS 12 gauge w/ Winchester Ranger 00 buck for home defense.

I don't use the M4 for home defense.

The rule here is that any firearms used in an incident is confiscated by the PD.

About a 50/50 chance of ever getting it back.

Attorney fees quickly exceed the cost of an M4.

So I use a "throw-away" FN TPS 12 gauge w/ Winchester Ranger 00 buck for home defense.

Can't say that I really understand that logic. If my M4 is taken from me by the police because I used it save my life or the lives of my family, they can have it. I'll have more than gotten my money's worth out of it.

Peace

Yeah. They can have whatever gun I've used to defend myself with. It'll be the lesser of my expenses. Lawyering up will cost you 10 grand minimum. Much, much more if it goes to trial.

Consider that before you pull the trigger. You had surely be in fear for your life. The more anti gun of an area you reside, the more the law will be on the perps side.

This is where it is better when only one person is conveying the series of events that lead to the shooting. Choose your tools accordingly to stop the threat. Erase the words kill from your vocabulary.

I agree, I want to retain my freedom and gun rights. I recently thought about what might happen if I "felt" I needed to use lethal force and a court did not agree. The ramifications are so terrible I've become aprehensive about actually thinking of using a firearm to defend me or my home. I've considered purchasing an X26 tazer. I can use it if needed with far less legal ramifications, carry it anywhere while concealed, and then if I need to use a bullet I appear much more justified.

Thoughts......:confused:

The only issue with the tazer is you end up with a batman utility belt as a civilian. The tazer isn't small. So you'd have to be really dedicated to carry it, a pistol, spare mag(s), a flash light, cellphone, keys, knife and so on...

You'd probably be better served by using OC spray. Some real nasty stuff like Fox 5.3.

Most events happen within 5 seconds and at arms reach and at night. Too many options can lead to confusion and higher training requirements than most can reasonably afford in time and money.

If a shooting occurs, tell the police that you want to fully cooperate with them, but you want the council of a lawyer. The police are not your friends. They will seem caring and understanding while speaking with you so that you run your mouth right after the most stressful moment in your life. After such an event, you will have diarrhea of the mouth, fight the urge to seek reassurance for your actions. Tell them only the basics that you are the victim. The subject attacked you or a third party with great physical injury or death. If That's it.

Depending on who was shot will influence how aggressive the district attorney will peruse the case. If some drifter is shot with no connected family, it will be open and shut. If you shoot the mayors dirt bag adult son, expect a Sh*t storm. This applies to anyone with a well to do family.

I work for a Federal agency and interface with other Federal, local and county law enforcement regularly. I often see a clear distinction on how a case is handled based on who they are. It doesn't matter what race they are, it's about who can apply pressure to officials.

They will threaten to detain you and take you to the station. Don't worry about it. Lawyer up.

I keep a Supernova next to my bed should an unwelcome visitor find themselves in my home. It has the 18.5" barrel, pistol grip stock, ghost ring sights and I added a nordic components magazine extension tube.

I keep the magazine tube loaded with Federal 00 buckshot or Brenneke HD slugs. Outside of HD, I've been really impressed with all of the various Brenneke slugs. If I can ever find some Federal #1 buckshot that will replace the 00. Seems hard to come by though as I believe they stopped manufacturing it.

I keep the Supernova's safety off. I figure the first warning to an intruder is the locked windows and doors. The second warning is the sound of the Supernova being pumped. If that isn't enough to deter an intruder, I'm going to assume they are dangerous and intend to harm myself or my family. Hopefully I'll never have get to the point of having to decide to fire on someone, but should I find myself in that situation I plan to be trained and prepared well enough to handle it.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

I just have the sidearmor side saddle (mod 2). Right now I'm using a KZ rail that mounts on the tube. But that's all about to change when I get the M80. I really don't like the fact that I need a tool to take the rail off and strip down the gun. Plus, when I put the thing back on it's a pain to line up perfectly straight, then I have to sight the laser in again. Things will be easier and more consistent with the surefire M80. Some people complain about the grip on the M80 but I figured since I'm putting a Magpul foregrip on there it won't really matter to me.

M4-3.jpg

M4-2.jpg

Thanks cant wait to see it with the mods. we have the same stuff but I dont have the magpul (yet)lol

For me, if my life depends on it I want the top of the line weapon in my hands. Hence the M4.

If it did the job and I get to go home to my wife and kids and I never see the M4 again, so be it. I'm still alive and can purchase another one.

unless they nail you with a felony since thats what they seem to like doing to innocent people/"heros"