Freedom Fighter M4 Forend Update

L84Cabo

Surefire rail adds weight, offers poor rail placement aside from mounting tape switches and sling mounts. It's also much more expensive. The comfort of the factory grip is very desirable. Holding onto the M80 isn't very nice honestly. I've tried many rail options, and it just felt too fat.

I would have guessed the FFT forend would have costed more. I'm sure they have 10 - 20k invested in the moldings at least. That's a lot of stocks to move before a profit is realized.

I plan on picking up a set for the 3 M4's I have to count towards 922 compliance. I have a feeling the BATF may be getting more aggressive in the next few years.

Why not go with the Surefire rail; it ROCKS, ships free with no Tax. FFT pricing seems steep, plus high shipping $9 for a $52 charging; I think not. They use to sell the charging handles for $39, a more realistic price in my opinion.

the surefire rail is $230 and no free shipping

the fft forearm is $50

that's a huge difference

Surefire rail adds weight, offers poor rail placement aside from mounting tape switches and sling mounts. It's also much more expensive. The comfort of the factory grip is very desirable. Holding onto the M80 isn't very nice honestly. I've tried many rail options, and it just felt too fat.

I would have guessed the FFT forend would have costed more. I'm sure they have 10 - 20k invested in the moldings at least. That's a lot of stocks to move before a profit is realized.

I plan on picking up a set for the 3 M4's I have to count towards 922 compliance. I have a feeling the BATF may be getting more aggressive in the next few years.

I have a surefire it is extremely well made and provides a rock solid fit. Like the M4 itself is not cheap. For my money there is little weight difference and the ability to add forward grip or another standard rail mounted device is nice; like on AR platforms. (Plus it looks great).

I was unaware of the $50 price for the FFT forend and it is surprising since everything else they sell seems priced too high compared to other available options; e.g., you can get a Ti follower delivered for the base price of an aluminum one from FFT etc

the surefire rail is $230 and no free shipping

the fft forearm is $50

that's a huge difference

Where did you get the $50 price from?

I find it hard to believe that the FFT rail will be priced at $50 since everything else they offer is not competitively priced in my opinion, followers, mag. tubes etc.

The Surefire rail does ship free; mine did.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire-picatinny-rail-system-m80.html

Surefire rail is only $180 bucks and I cant for the life of me figure out how any of you can tell the weight difference. I would need to strap on at least a extra pound before i could tell,lol No way I could tell a ounce or two.

anyways we all have are own opinions and I think another choice is great.

I'm with StrangerDanger, and I'm going to be picking up the cheapo FFT forend when it becomes available.

The Benelli forend is fine. It's only "fault" is that it is imported. Aside from that, it's an "if it ain't broke, don't (pay too much to) fix it" situation.

I'm not going to run a VFG on my Benelli, and the side rails on the M80 are too far back and too low for proper light placement (in my opinion). So the Surefire has no appeal to me aside from being a compliance part. And for simple 922r compliance, I'll take the FFT forend and pocket the $150 difference. I'm sure the Surefire forend is rock-solid--their stuff usually is--but it just isn't right for my situation.

Where did you get the $50 price from?

I find it hard to believe that the FFT rail will be priced at $50 since everything else they offer is not competitively priced in my opinion, followers, mag. tubes etc.

The Surefire rail does ship free; mine did.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire-picatinny-rail-system-m80.html

It's a forend, not a rail.

http://freedomfightertactical.com/last-forend-update-prior-to-release-2411/

Edited by sonny27

Why not go with the Surefire rail; it ROCKS, ships free with no Tax. FFT pricing seems steep, plus high shipping $9 for a $52 charging; I think not. They use to sell the charging handles for $39, a more realistic price in my opinion.

I really have no need for a rail. Honestly, I can't figure out what I would ever mount to it besides maybe a light which I already have a setup for. I also like the ergonomics of the regular grip. The surefire is most certainly more expensive. Plus I'd have to buy some sort of covers for the rails while I'm trying to figure out what the heck to use them for because I don't care much for gripping a raw rail. So that's even more money. And yea, $52 seems a little high for this but not much. And I'm certainly not going to ***** about a freight charge that is $2 or $3 more than MAYBE it should be.

Peace