Hello Benelli - Are you out there?

energizer

If Benelli ever checks these threads, (and I would if I owned a reputable gun Co.), I just want you to know that I find your R1/Argo rifle to be the most comfortable and most eye appealing rifle I have ever owned. The potential for you to steal top marks in high end rifle manufacturing is almost there. The problem is this. A rifle at the price you ask should be extraordinarily accuarate. You should be able to gaurantee a 1 1/2 MOA. I have read enough posts to know I am not alone here. It is my opinion that if you cannot get the accuaracy with your present barrels you should seek a reputable barrel maker. I would buy another in a heartbeat if this where done.

As for those posts showing tight groups? Maybe there are exceptions. I know I could shoot a 5 shot group and cover it with a nickel with my Wby .257 Mrk V and post it here as a benelli group. Nobody likes to admit their rifle doesn't shoot so great.

I'm not trying to be negative toward your product. On the contrary. I want your rifle to be as great as your shotguns. I just see a need for improvment. Especially at the price.

As for those posts showing tight groups? Maybe there are exceptions. I know I could shoot a 5 shot group and cover it with a nickel with my Wby .257 Mrk V and post it here as a benelli group. Nobody likes to admit their rifle doesn't shoot so great.

Let me get this straight - if someone posts a group that meets your definition of acceptable accuracy and says they shot it w/ a Benelli R1 they are liars and shot those groups w/ another rifle just so they wont have to admit their Benelli doesn't shoot?

What an emotional, childish accusation.

David

You did not read very well. If you read my post again I said there may be exeptions But, But, But, I know I could etc. etc. etc.

So I did not call everyone a liar. I only said it's too easy to do. I almost did it myself because I did not want to admit I can't group less than 3 inches with my Benelli at 100 yrds. I can shoot sub moa all day with my bolt. I shot moa with my friends Bar and almost single holes with my 22-250. I have read enough to know I am not alone here and I would love to see this trend reverse. I think my Benelli is the sharpest rifle I have ever owned and I think they should shoot as well as they look and feel.

Now, that said you can take offence if you want. I said what I said and with no intention of hurting anyones thin skin but I retract nothing.

You did not read very well. If you read my post again I said there may be exeptions But, But, But, I know I could etc. etc. etc.

So I did not call everyone a liar. I only said it's too easy to do. I almost did it myself because I did not want to admit I can't group less than 3 inches with my Benelli at 100 yrds. I can shoot sub moa all day with my bolt. I shot moa with my friends Bar and almost single holes with my 22-250. I have read enough to know I am not alone here and I would love to see this trend reverse. I think my Benelli is the sharpest rifle I have ever owned and I think they should shoot as well as they look and feel.

Now, that said you can take offence if you want. I said what I said and with no intention of hurting anyones thin skin but I retract nothing.

I have known and dealt w/ the dealer that sold me my R1's for 15+ years. He has treated me fairly (and then some) on numerous firearm purchases through the years. He doesn't keep firearms in his shop that he can't sell. He has sold more than 16 R1s out of his shop in the last few years - most to regular customers. I bought my first R1 based on his recommendations - recommendations formed by talking to his repeat customers and there experiences w/ their rifles. All of his customers are delighted w/ their rifles and contrary to the opinions commonly expressed on this forum they are pleased w/ their rifles accuracy.

I believe that the folks that post problems w/ their rifles accuracy are in fact experiencing these problems and it is a problem w/ the rifles not user error. Anything mechanical will have problems - there will problem R1s that seemingly can't be fixed.

You need to stop and consider how many people buy a factory hunting rifle, have it function the way they expected to and then subsequently search for the Benelli forum and post glowing reports. Typically its the folks with problems that are posting - seeking answers.

I read your post very well, and now w/ this post your meaning is plain. You almost did, so you think others did (no, not me - all the good groups recently posted on this board from others....)

What's even funnier is that you "KNOW" you must be right because you have read enough here to know you are not alone - hmmm seems like you are really selective about what you choose to believe when you read it on this forum.

David

It is easy to believe people are experiencing accuaracy issues.

First: Most people do not post problems they are not experiencing. Human nature being as it is leads people to lift up the things they possess. That is why the honda civic owner next door is always revving up his engine before going. "His car is soooo powerfull".

Second: and more importantly. I am experiencing the same thing. A gun guy my entire life. Farm kid from northern Saskatchewan living in northern Alberta. I belong to several gun forums. All of which I own a gun. I have not seen complaints about accuracy from other forums. Check out some of them. Wby Nation for instance.

I broke this gun (benelli) in the proper and long way. Shoot clean, Shoot clean, etc... With a semi that was a process I'll tell you. This is by far the nicest rifle I own and I paid over $3000 so I was not taking any shortcuts. I have seen your gun so I know you can appreciate what I am saying. I also know Wby monitors Wby Nation because they have kicked in and responded to at least two posts that I know of.

Now to a greater point. If you go to Wby Nation and check back posts you will find a issue that has upset Wby owners. That is the trigger. Most will part factory trigger for timmney. Wby came on line after a post similar to my Benelli post was put up. They agreed to look into it and now about a year latter they have produced a new and improved trigger. That got me thinking that maybe a post directed at Benelli just may get noticed.

You have decided my post is antagonistic and degraditory and have taking offence to it so this will be my last post on the subject. You have missed the purpose and picked it apart. I wasn't posting a jab at anyone.

It is easy to believe people are experiencing accuaracy issues.

First: Most people do not post problems they are not experiencing. Human nature being as it is leads people to lift up the things they possess. That is why the honda civic owner next door is always revving up his engine before going. "His car is soooo powerfull".

Second: and more importantly. I am experiencing the same thing. A gun guy my entire life. Farm kid from northern Saskatchewan living in northern Alberta. I belong to several gun forums. All of which I own a gun. I have not seen complaints about accuracy from other forums. Check out some of them. Wby Nation for instance.

I broke this gun (benelli) in the proper and long way. Shoot clean, Shoot clean, etc... With a semi that was a process I'll tell you. This is by far the nicest rifle I own and I paid over $3000 so I was not taking any shortcuts. I have seen your gun so I know you can appreciate what I am saying. I also know Wby monitors Wby Nation because they have kicked in and responded to at least two posts that I know of.

Now to a greater point. If you go to Wby Nation and check back posts you will find a issue that has upset Wby owners. That is the trigger. Most will part factory trigger for timmney. Wby came on line after a post similar to my Benelli post was put up. They agreed to look into it and now about a year latter they have produced a new and improved trigger. That got me thinking that maybe a post directed at Benelli just may get noticed.

You have decided my post is antagonistic and degraditory and have taking offence to it so this will be my last post on the subject. You have missed the purpose and picked it apart. I wasn't posting a jab at anyone.

Your post is antagonistic, not to mention childish. Glad to hear your done posting about it.

David