Gauging Interest of a Surefire Forend Weapon Light for Benelli M4

GUNDAN323

Would u be interested in a Surefire Forend Weapon Light for a Benelli M4 if offered?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would u be interested in a Surefire Forend Weapon Light for a Benelli M4 if offered?

• Yes (assume price is the same as for M1/M2 = $340-425)
    • No (assume price is the same as for M1/M2 = $340-425)
    • Maybe (assume price is the same as for M1/M2 = $340-425)

Hi,

I am trying to gauge interest for a Surefire Forend Weapon Light for the Benelli M4.

My goal is to try to encourage Surefire to develop it. This is not a group buy or commitment for your to purchase one.

617LMG_45L.png

It would be the same system as what is linked below that Surefire already produces for other weapons such as the M1/M2, 870, etc.

http://www.surefire.com/BenelliSuper90SNaboveM104800

Pricing should be assumed to be the same as the M1/M2 at $340-425 depending on which model you get.

An added bonus in this is that it should count as one part towards 922R Compliance part.

I am not associated with Surefire in anyway. I am merely trying to get a count on how many people are interested in this and will pass this along to Surefire afterward. My motivation is that I want one for my M4.

Edited by GUNDAN323

I asked surefire this a few months back. Their rep claimed they cannot make one that would not interfere with the piston system. His words were to the effect 'due to the complexity of the piston system we wont be making one as it wouldnt work right'. Didn't smell like roses to me but there you go.:confused:

Im not an M4 guru but surely a light could be moulded over the top of an OEM style forend and not in any way compromise the pistons? Id buy one if it were available!

Edited by Sticky Fingers

Gotta be honest here, I have never been a fan of the way they looked on shotguns. I much prefer my M80 with a light attached. Interested to see the new Sidearmor rails Stranger mentioned in another thread though and may go to that and go back to a more stock-like forend once I see those.

Isn't their M80 hand guard for the M4 supposed to suck?

As far as I am concerned, the M80 was a great fit all but the little notch they should cut out for the lip at the base of the barrel maybe 1/16th of an inch on each side. This allows the top of the foregrip to fit tight to the rest of the barrel. But a few seconds with a razor blade and it fit fine. The M80 with a Streamlight tlr2 and LaRue vertical grip makes a nice combo.

P1010654.jpg

Notice it fits well with the Sidearmor rails, this was Hookster's idea, I just like the options to mount wherever the heck I want.

Edited by Flascot007

I wish someone would make a OEM style forearm with just enough rail to mount a light in the forward area. Perhaps even make the small piece of rail moveable from the left, bottom or right side. I prefer the slim feel of the factory unit.

Just a thought.... a wish...

• 2 weeks later...
In this day and age of numerous options for picatinny rails, rail mounts and smaller, brighter lights, the dedicated light that takes over the the whole handguard function is quite outdated.

Not for me.

I understand where you are coming from. I just prefer a more seamless piece. Thanks for your 2 cents.

• 1 month later...
I understand where you are coming from. I just prefer a more seamless piece. Thanks for your 2 cents.

I agree, anything past the light and a simple shell carrier is only tacticool IMHO. The surefire forend with the push switches fits the bill for what most will need. Now when I have to go play in the sandbox, sure I might want a few things extra, but there's a need. At home meh it's just extra $$ and weight. he11 even over there it's extra weight and paperwork.

So I'd definitely be interested if surefire would extend the m2 forend to fir the M4.

*note I don't mean this to include the upgrades such as stock, bolt release, ti tube as those have applications in both realms. Nor do I want to start a fight on those.