M1 will no longer cycle

tymber

This is prob an old topic, but I am new. My M1 used to cycle everything (00,birdshot,all slug). Now it fails to function anything. It will only funtion full strenth 2 3/4 slugs. The gun is no fun if you can't shoot everything and unreliable for defence. I heard of others having these prob with M1s. I also heard of some spring work being done to correct this problem. Can anyone please help me???? I have access to Brownells?? Tymber

The first thing I would do is clean the recoil assembly in the stock. That's more than likely your problem.

Your owner's manual has a breakdown that should make disassembly pretty easy.

This thread has some good info on the cleaning process and the your "spring work" question:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forums/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/1756.html

[ 06-14-2005, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: fw707 ]

You're welcome.

The spring replacement you're talking about is probably the "Sure Cycle" system mentioned in the thread I posted. It's a stainless replacement for the parts in the recoil system, and it prevents the rust and corrosion that is most likely causing your problem. It gets pretty good reviews, but a good cleaning and lubing of the factory parts every now and then works too.

Here's a link to the Sure Cycle system:

http://www.mackspw.com/item.asp-im-SRMBNL02-d-Sure_Cycle_Stainless_Steel_Action_Cycling_System___Benelli_M1_S90,_Montefeltro

Double thanks. I noticed my M1 would almost rust before my eyes on the top on the barrel. I keep my guns oiled, but the M1 I must oil at the range before I even get home. I guess the inside parts may have the same issues. I found the link for an extened four round mag tube. do you know where I could look at longer tubes. I know they would look odd, but who cares when you are shooting in the middle of the desert. Tymber

[ 06-15-2005, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: tymber ]

Thanks I read that good info. What I need is a link or site that sells mag extention that are beyond four extra rounds. I found one site for the four round extention, but I was looking for a crazy extention like an extra 6-8-10. Any ideas

I just posted in a diff. thread that I didn't think a mag ext. that would give you 6-8-10 extra rounds existed. After reading the above thread about the guy claiming to have a 16 and a 22 round ext. I still think they don't exist. It gave me a laugh though. Can you imagine the size of the gun? How about the weight of it fully loaded? It would look like something out of a cartoon. If I'm wrong (its happened many times) someone please show me a pic. or link to where I could see the 22 round shotgun with me own 2 eyes. Specifically a shotgun fed by a tube magazine.

[ 06-15-2005, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: FN_FAL ]

I just ordered teh Sure Cycles system. I hope that will solve my problems. That and cleaning. You could not have a 22 round mag tube. It would have to be supported. I don't mind if it stuck out for my shooting. I use an 870 to defend my life. My Benelli is for fun only. Thanks. I will tell you how the gun shoots if I get the item by Fri I will shoot Sat.

You most certainly can have a 22 round mag!! I'll send you pics if you want to see. All OPEN grade shooters in UK, using both Remy and Benellis have at least 15 round mags. The only support they need is the standard mag bracket that comes with the gun....although I do put an extra one on for the longer tube. Yes it does look stupid and you do need to go to the gym, but it works well (worked well......before I got it wet in Bali.......I've just ordered a sure-cycle system too so fingers crossed!!). Tubes taking the gun to over 6Ft is the norm in Italy. The Thais have gone for shorter, sprung loaded replacement tubes but these are still in prototype stage....and were used at the Australasian Championships in Bali.