What kind of sling do you have on your M4?

Raw Melody

Padded VCAS from Blue Force Gear. QD swivels. Mesa Tactical rear sling mount for the collapsible stock and a GearSector rail mounted sling mount attached to either a Sidearmor top rail or the Surefire m80 railed forend.

No pics yet.

If you wouldn't mind SD, I sure would like to see that set up. I don't have any slings nor swivels on mine yet, but will be adding these in the near future. I've seen the m80. Pics of sling and swivels would be great! Thanks

If you wouldn't mind SD, I sure would like to see that set up. I don't have any slings nor swivels on mine yet, but will be adding these in the near future. I've seen the m80. Pics of sling and swivels would be great! Thanks

Will do. My wife has my camera this week out of State. I use the same Mesa swivel as Murphy. It's a pain to fit, but an excellent mount assuming you get the latest version of it. There should be a button head bolt on the right side, not the crappy acorn nut.

I'm waiting for my M80 to be replaced right now too.

The Magpul MS2 isn't all its cracked up to be (much to my chagrin). It's difficult to adjust "on the fly" while under the weight of the gun. On the other hand, the Viking Tactics VTAC sling has a different kind of buckle which works really well, even under tension. Too bad Magpul didn't use this buckle on their sling. I'll be using the LaRue padded/QD version of the VTAC sling on my M4. http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=86

I'll be using the Blue Force VCAS padded sling, with a quick release up front. I was thinking of mounting the rear to the attachment point on the C-stock, but notice that a number of people are using either the Mesa Tactical QD or the GG&G sling mount. I'm curious: would those of you who have the C-stock and use a rear attachment other than the sling hole located forward of the butt-plate on the C-stock mind explaining your preference(s) for your setup?

Thanks for the pic SD. I didn't realize that you had to drill out the existing hole in the Grip to make this QD fit. I didn't want to have to alter the original Retaining Pin hole.

Question; What made you's decide NOT to use either the Sling Slot or Sling Ring Access port in the stock? Just curious.

That rear sling mount is sort of a PITA to install. You have to drill out not just the plastic stock, but also the metal bracket inside that acts as a tensioner to the installation nut. It probably took me an hour and a half of trial and error with the drill to get the two ends to meet together in the middle and screw into each other.

When using a shotgun, I leave it slung, so I can drop it to my side if needed. When the shotgun is slung, the existing mounts at the rear prevent me from seating the stock into my shoulder pocket.