M4 soft case opinions

azmaxfan

I have the 5.11 double rifle case. Just got it in December and already have a replacement on the way. Zippers get caught on the material inside the bag and I have to put a screwdriver through the hole in the zipper to pull to get it open. I expect the same from the replacement. Really not impressed for an $175.00 bag. :confused:

I have the 5.11 double rifle case. Just got it in December and already have a replacement on the way. Zippers get caught on the material inside the bag and I have to put a screwdriver through the hole in the zipper to pull to get it open. I expect the same from the replacement. Really not impressed for an $175.00 bag. :confused:

A friend has the single rifle 5.11 case and is happy with it. Maybe a ChiComm manufacturing flaw that day.

I hope the replacement is better. Did you like anything about that bag?

I've been using the cheap Tac Force cases for awhile. They have held up for about 2 years now. I use their discreet cases and their double rifle case. Both cases the zipper handles have broken off and they snag on the inside of the material.

Here are some other companies you can try:

Eagle Industries, Blackhawk, 5.11 tactical, Boyt Tactical, Blue Force gear.

A friend has the single rifle 5.11 case and is happy with it. Maybe a ChiComm manufacturing flaw that day.

I hope the replacement is better. Did you like anything about that bag?

Yeah, I hope so as well. I have always been a big fan of 5.11 tactical. I love the bag itself. Love being able to hang a crap load of molle stuff from it as well. But literally the 3rd or 4th time I went to open the bag the zippers got hung up and almost every time I open the bag now they hang up. Total game changer if I ever had to get into the bag quickly in a tight spot. I for sure wouldn't grab that bag to take with me in a life or death. Hopefully the replacement will come in sometime this week.

Hey, just a bit of hopefully helpful info. I have a soft case by, Python I think. It is more of an AR15 case, but works well for my Ben M4.

Anyway, intent of my post is if you use a breacher choke, those prongs can kinda be sharp and cut into your potentiall pricey investment of a case. I have the Carlson' choke for now and here's what I've done.

I went to a hardware store and got the rubber pads that go on the feet of chair legs. I got one slightly smaller than the O.D. of my choke. I purposely got a white-colored piece so I'd notice it before I shoot it. Yeah, it looks goofy at first, but it saves the lining in your bag.

Just $.02 for ya.

2-wheel

I'm looking at the 5.11 soft case and the Vodoo Mollee soft case.

The primary use will be for transporting to the range.

I'm looking for reviews of these two cases or another you find better.

Thanks,

Bob

I bought my scoped AR tactical soft case from the Tactical Store. I am very pleased with it and it has velcro pouches for 5 mags.

http://www.tactical-store.com/5-11-tactical-gun-cases-f.html

They do have 5.11 gun cases in 36inch(MP4) and a 5.11 42" Gun Case (Shotgun) 58622 shotgun case for $87.99 w/free shipping.

I got a Maxpedition Sliver-II case when they were on sale for 30% off. It's only 38" long so it won't fit with the factory stock but I think it'll fit with the Urbino stock (which I have yet to buy). I wanted the shortest case possible since the Benelli is pretty long as-is. It's a well-built case.

Look at tactical Tailor's bags they are fairly reliable for the money. London Bridge tactical gear is extrememly reliable and well made. Hard to find and expensive but well worth every penny.

Sorry guys forgot to attach the links.

www.Tacticaltailor.com

www.londonbridgetrading.com

I have the snipe drag bag from london bridge that i use for my long gun. absolutly worth the money spent!

The double-rifle Voodoo case is available from sportsmansguide(.com) for $49.97 for the 36" and $59.97 for the 42". :eek::D These are just as high quality as the 5.11 if not better. They have black, digital, and coyote. They're kinda hard to find on the website, search for "mil-spec plus padded gun cases". They aren't labelled Voodoo on the page but you will recieve a Voodoo case, just read all the comments at the bottom of the page. The BEST deal on a double-rifle padded case!

(couldnt post link due to low post count)