Sleeper pattern from an old friend...

mudhen

Just messing around with chokes and shells yesterday, and found a decent pattern hiding in the middle of all the 3.5" H-13 & Indian Creek chokes. My SBE II has been pushed aside by a BPS & 300+- at 40 yards for a couple of years now, but I think 240+- with 3" Magnum Blend + a $40 Jellyhead might just be good enough. Not a perfect pattern, but I can't see a tom surviving either pattern. What do you guys think?

Much nicer to shoot for sure, 3" are almost a joy compared to the 3.5". I can still print 60+- more pellets with the 3.5", but I'm starting to like the softer shots! And, they print pretty much centered to the POA:

2011patterns003.jpg

She might be going on the road again this year:

2005_0429Image0024.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

mudhen

how much of a varience to you really see between h13 loads in regards to your POI, right now i am shooting the 2 1/4 oz number 7s and had to add a fast fire 2 because i was shooting about 8 inches to the right but with the win xtended range 2 oz 6s i was shooting right on....is this normal...i also shoot a sbe2 with a jellyhead

• 2 weeks later...
mudhen

how much of a varience to you really see between h13 loads in regards to your POI, right now i am shooting the 2 1/4 oz number 7s and had to add a fast fire 2 because i was shooting about 8 inches to the right but with the win xtended range 2 oz 6s i was shooting right on....is this normal...i also shoot a sbe2 with a jellyhead

As much as 15" vertical with different H-13 loads. Biggest gap was between H-13 and MB.