Camouflage

DJB

I am looking at a nova and i am trying to decide weather to get it in black or camo... Max 4 or Advantage Timber HD... I hunt deer,turkey,ground hogs,crow,rabbit,squirral,coyotes,fox,and i hunt ducks and geese one in a while...I also shoot trap and skeet...could you guys give me some help also give DJB some help too... I would much apreacheate it... Thank you..

Later,

BenelliBoy

since you got the gun cheep (the best way) i would just go to the hobby shop and pick up a few rattle cans of flat o.d. green and some brown and what ever other color that is close to were your hunting, and just paint it your self. just make shure you get all the oil and grease off it first if you want to go crazy you could scotch brite all the shine off it and prime it first with some acid etching primer (you can pick that up at pep boys) all you realy have to do is break up the pattern of the gun. i just cant spend money on somthing that's so easy to do your self. and if you mess it up in the field you can just touch it up when you get home. the other advantage to doing it your self is you can get colors that more closely resemble your hunting aria. just rember to carefully mask up any thing that you dont want to paint or shouldent paint. also make shure to follow the instructons on the can espesicaly when painting plastic. you should be able to do the entire thing for less than 20$ and have plenty left over to do all kinds of other things

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my Nova in black, took the $70 difference, and went to Wally World and bought some ultra flat spray paint and a can of automotive plastic primer. A little cleaning, priming, painting, masking, painting again, and poof! A 'custom' camo paint job that only cost an extra $20 or so. I had a hen walk to within 12 yards of me while I was using the gun, so I guess it's good 'nuff. Right now the Hunt101.com site is updating their system, so I can't post a pic, but I think I did alright. I'll post a pic ASAP.

thats great i was thinking the next time that you go to wally world take a strol thew the hobby and craft secton and see if they have any cut outs of leaves and such that you could use as masking give it that real tree look. (im lazy and paint cars for a living any thing that makes a little less tapeing) you can just hold them over the piece and spray thew them

• 3 weeks later...

When I bought my SBE I made sure that it was camo. I didn't really care about the pattern and would have been happy with a solid green. I wanted the teflon coating to protect against rust. Mind you, I do clean my gun and take care of it. But I've had blued shotguns show rust before I got home.

That teflon coating was worth the extra cost to me.