FFT forend review

TKTM

I tried without success to get the bbl down far enough to make sure it was tight against the receiver. I beat on the end of the bbl with a plastic hammer. Finally I took the Tactical forend off and carefully compared it with the OEM. The Tactical are about 3/16 of an inch longer, and the cut ends are radiused outward, not a 90 degree angle like the OEM. That prevents the forend from fully seating at the top and at the bottom. I had a 1/8" gap between bbl ring and receiver, and no matter how much oil or how hard I beat could I get the bbl to seat. I then tried filing off some of the forend but still could not get it seated properly. My advice, don't expect too much; the replacement USA looks good but is just not an exact match for the OEM. I expect that Benelli spent more than Tactical making their plastic. Maybe it will work for you if you're better with a file than I am. I was disappointed.

Fliplip

Hey Fliplip!...Welcome to the forum!!...Yeah, reports of issues like yours mixed in with the good reviews are why I avoided these for my 3rd compliance part. I figured the Geiselle hammer would be an upgrade from OEM but the FFT grips would be a downgrade from OEM.

Later,

Hookster :)

Hey Fliplip!...Welcome to the forum!!...Yeah, reports of issues like yours mixed in with the good reviews are why I avoided these for my 3rd compliance part. I figured the Geiselle hammer would be an upgrade from OEM but the FFT grips would be a downgrade from OEM.

Later,

Hookster :)

Nothing worse than buying a milspec qualtest passed firearm and then being forced to make it less safe or reliable with 3rd party parts. And, that is the real issue; a few reports of non stress test failures makes it clear to me that it is high risk to rely on such a part under actual conditions.

In that regard, replacing the forearm is deceiving because it seems like its just a cosmetic part; but on the M4 it is much more because it can influence barrel to breech fit. I had hoped these problems would have been worked out by now but given 'Fliplip's report, these handguards oughtt to be sold with a warning about barrel/breech reassembly fit issues. I'll wager that eventually someone will have a KABOOM because of this issue.