M4 Upgrades

Steel City

So I'm really wanting to do more upgrades to my Benelli M4 that I purchased new last year. Currently I have a Mesa Tactical shot shell carrier/picatany rail system, Carrier Comp magazine tube extension and a Freedom Fighter Tactical charging handle. I love the gun as it's configured but I really don't want to stop there. I absolutely love shotguns and really want something that is going to stand out not just in performance and functionality but totally different than your typical plain ol self defense shot guns that I see all the time.

Looking for pictures and suggestions from those of you that have done some heavy modifications via trial, error and research! I will continue to research here and other forums but any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

My setup was a Carrier Comp full-length tube, OEM handle (Tried the FFT, not a fan, it rotates too easily and is deformed under recoil and), Brownell's red aluminum follower, Carrier Comp mag spring (came with tube), Meprolite night sights.

If I still had it, it would get a Carrier Comp pic rail (Tried Mesa, hated how it always shot loose and/or warped the reciever when I tightened it). An Aimpoint T1 in a LaRue Low mount, and a Mesa Urbino stock.

I have to say it... the Benelli C-Stock is really trick, and I am very happy I decided to get one.

The middle position is also much more comfortable (for me anyway) than the very long stock stock

(as it were...) Not so much a "heavy mod via trial error and research" but a really nice one IMHO nonetheless.

Go to carriercomp. Plan on getting;

1. Full length magazine tube, comes with a US made follower and a premium Wolff spring.

2. True Spec Picatinny rail

3. Titanium Bolt Handle (waiting on release)

4. US made disconnector (waiting on release)

5. US made hammer (waiting on release)

Get a collapsible factory stock. Install a Mesa Tactical rear sling mount above the pistol grip.

If you want to run a weapon light, get a Surefire M80 and a Surefire Scout light. Mount the Scout to an offset GearSector mount. Get a GearSector sling mount to attach to the M80 rail. Remove the existing front sling loop.

Add a GG&G oversized bolt release.

Add Meprolight night sights.

Consider adding an Aimpoint T1 or Trijicon RMR. Use either a LaRue or ADM mount respectively.

Add a padded VCAS sling with your personal favorite attachment points.

I have to say it... the Benelli C-Stock is really trick, and I am very happy I decided to get one.

The middle position is also much more comfortable (for me anyway) than the very long stock stock

(as it were...) Not so much a "heavy mod via trial error and research" but a really nice one IMHO nonetheless.

It's nice until you whip off the QD optics and fire it and the buldge where the button his smashes into your jaw.

Been there, done that, and owned nearly any and every mod you can think of for the M4 except for the newer stuff that has come out in the last 6-8 months.

I would give the Urbino a shot. Worse case scenario is you sell it and try something else. It's what I did. had a great time, too!

I had some really unique stuff, like a Teague MOD choke (Try finding that in the US, took me FOREVER! to get it imported).

Instead of the scout M600C, I recommend a LaRue mount for a 6PD and a custom LED module. I have a 6P that is putting out well over 500 lumens (actual, not "emitter" lumens) and it makes my scout lights look like candles in a cave. Run-time isn't that long, though, but I have other modules with good, 1 hour run times that are putting out over 300 lumens in a VERY nice tint (4000K) that renders color like a car's high-beams.

I just added a C-stock and a KZ quadrail. Put a Knights vertical forgrip on the bottom rail and currently waiting for te EMA shotshell holders to mount on both left and right sides of the rail. I LOVE the C-stock. The original pistolgrip stock was a bit too long for me. The KZ rail is very nice and didnt seem to add much weight. I have a Mesa Tactical 8rd shotshell carrier and rail and like it but I wish it held the shells more securely. I plan on adding an optic soon but not sure which one to get.

I watched the 'Art of Dynamic Shotgun' video by Magpul and saw them using an M4 with an angle foregrip. Has anyone here tried that set up?

I have one. I love it and it's here to stay. :) Hold your M4 and angle your forward hand a bit to match the angle on the foregrip, you'll see where I'm comin from.

dirtyb762, I appreciate the order! Will ship it Monday. If it doesn't work well for you, I want you to let me know! I also want to know of your success with it!

I have a lot of customers who think very highly of the BlackBore choke, Tactical HD or otherwise, but I highly urge you to pattern your choke with a number of different loads. The Fed FC loads work great in my M4 and other shotguns and they should do the same for you. You may also find a different load(s) that work great that might even be cheaper to run!

GTPSC (Mark)

http://www.blackborechokes.com

I intend to try the AFG whenever my M80 gets sent back to me from Optics Planet.

I bought an AFG1 and an AFG2 to try out.

Please provide feedback once you do. I am thinking about an M80, AFG1, and some sort of light but concerned of the amount of forend room left to hold it and a good method to control the light switch without moving your hand.

Maybe use a TLR-1, bottom mount it and use my index finger to control the switch?

I don't think a bottom mount will fly. Not the way the AFG forces your hand. It leaves you with the option of controlling the light with your thumb. I have plans to mount my Scout light at the 10:30 position via a GearSector offset mount. Then hit the switch via the momentary/constant on button tail cap.

I'm expecting to have to modify the M80 rubberized top section to allow for the offset mount.

I plan to use either LaRue index clips or the rubber ladder rails for the side rails.

GTPSC I plan on patterning my m4 with all kinds of different load starting with cheap stuff from walmart to several different types of 2 3/4 and 3in buckshot. Still wish there was some kind of extension I put on it to squeeze an 8th or 9th round in it.