M4 Upgrades

Steel City

Chuck,

If you want to send me the choke back, I will always change it for another or give you your money back. I just wished you had contacted me first. I still recommend that you try a number of different loads in your shotgun as every gun shoots different! Have you done so?

I have had a chance to shoot Winchester Ranger shotshells in my gun and have experienced very good patterns and bad patterns with different lots of this ammo. I frankly do not know why this is happening, but inconsistency in manufacturing may be part of the problem. I had better accuracy with plain old run of the mill Remington buck (the patterns are on the website) and very good accuracy with the Fed FC loads.

GTPSC (Mark)

http://www.blackborechokes.com

Can anyone confirm if the Surefire M80 Picatinny Rail Forend will integrate flawlessly with the Side Armor Mod 2 Benelli Rail System?

Is there anything in the works that I should know about and possibly wait for rather then go with something that is currently on the market?

Thanks!

Mike

What light? SideArmor has just a top rail that allows the use of their shell carriers.

I don't see why the M80 and the SideArmor Mod 2 wouldn't work together. However, I think you'd be making the weapon overly heavy for little benefit.

From your prerequisite, I believe a M80 would fit the bill for your use. You could use a 3gunner gear shell carrier to reduce overall weight as well. This would eliminate your need for the SideArmor top rail option. I'd opt for the carriercomp top rail. I've had both. SideArmor is good, but carriercomp is more refined. It sits lower against the top of the receiver.

You can also try a shell carrier from SpecreGear if you want to carry 6 shells on the buttstock. This will not work on the collapsible stock though.

There are some fairly decent deals on Surefire Scout lights right now on ebay. They're not rejects or fake. I've verified their authenticity. If they have the Surefire packaging, you're pretty safe. Most counterfeiters don't bother trying to reproduce the packaging materials.

I bought a M600C Scout light lastnight in black for my M4. I'm relagating the tan one to my AR. I got it for 333$ shipped. He had another one too.

What optic are you considering?

Note my target photos above.

Please note the patterns are (1) round of a specific cartridge thru both chokes. I've been up to my butt in snow since before Christmas so there has not been time to confirm or deny the patterns with other ammo, or the same ammo on different days. This shotgun still has less than 100 rounds thru it.

This is not an attempt to address grievances with BlackBore -- because there are none.

-- Chuck

Steel City, I too have the FFT handle, and LOVE it. I've probably run about 2000 rounds of buck through my gun since installing it and it has run flawlessly. I also got their forend recently and it installed like a glove. I'm going to go with a Mesa stock when I have the extra cash, things financially haven't been the way I want them to get all the goodies right away.

What light? Side Armor has just a top rail that allows the use of their shell carriers.

I don't see why the M80 and the SideArmor Mod 2 wouldn't work together. However, I think you'd be making the weapon overly heavy for little benefit.

From your prerequisite, I believe a M80 would fit the bill for your use. You could use a 3gunner gear shell carrier to reduce overall weight as well. This would eliminate your need for the SideArmor top rail option. I'd opt for the carriercomp top rail. I've had both. SideArmor is good, but carriercomp is more refined. It sits lower against the top of the receiver.

You can also try a shell carrier from SpecreGear if you want to carry 6 shells on the buttstock. This will not work on the collapsible stock though.

There are some fairly decent deals on Surefire Scout lights right now on ebay. They're not rejects or fake. I've verified their authenticity. If they have the Surefire packaging, you're pretty safe. Most counterfeiters don't bother trying to reproduce the packaging materials.

I bought a M600C Scout light lastnight in black for my M4. I'm relagating the tan one to my AR. I got it for 333$ shipped. He had another one too.

What optic are you considering?

The benefit of having both systems would enable me to have everything I want on the gun. I definitely want a forward verticle grip so I have to have a lower rail system, I could incorporate the light at that point which is why I was interested in the surefire setup to include their light.

If I want to have 6 or so shells on the gun, then I will need to have something incorportated into the upper picatinny rail system. I could just keep the mesa system I have now or go with something like the side armor, either will allow me to mount something from trijicon!

Either way, the KZ system I already posted a link to would be perfect but I cant find anyone that has that setup. I also cant decide if the 14 shell holder is going to far for on the gun ammo for various reasons, but I would be able to mount whatever I wanted with that system. I'm not worried about the weight as long as the gun functions properly but obviously the lighter the better!

I have a headache!

Steel City, I too have the FFT handle, and LOVE it. I've probably run about 2000 rounds of buck through my gun since installing it and it has run flawlessly. I also got their forend recently and it installed like a glove. I'm going to go with a Mesa stock when I have the extra cash, things financially haven't been the way I want them to get all the goodies right away.
Yeah, no complaints here either! Fit and finish is perfect, functionality is right on!

Where can I get the bigger bolt release that is a must IMO and everybody seems to have?

On a side note, my c-stock showed up today!

Thanks!

Mike