Stiff Safety - Benelli Response

Montefeltro

We have received authorization from the chief engineer to change the safety spring in SBE II and M2 model shotguns. We now have a small quantity of the alternative springs on hand and will perform a two-day turnaround for anyone who desires it. Even if you have already modified your safety spring by cutting coils or substitution, we encourage you to take advantage of this. Send an email to:

[email protected]

include your name, address and the serial number of your shotgun. Feel free to include any questions you may have concerning the process.

We will reply with shipping instructions and answers to your questions.

Customer Service Manager

Benelli USA

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we be shipping you the trigger assem. or are y'all gonna send us the spring?

Good (and reasonable) question, Drundel.

We will need to get the trigger assembly back. It's the only way we can keep QA intact. That's why I'm promising a two-day turnaround. In most cases it will likely be turned around in only one.

Thanks for asking.

Customer Service Manager

Benelli USA

Originally posted by Montefeltro:

Will we be shipping you the trigger assem. or are y'all gonna send us the spring?

Good (and reasonable) question, Drundel.

We will need to get the trigger assembly back. It's the only way we can keep QA intact. That's why I'm promising a two-day turnaround. In most cases it will likely be turned around in only one.

Thanks for asking.

Customer Service Manager

Benelli USA

quote:

------------------------------------------------------

Montefeltro, i am in the process of looking for an M2...when will the fix be added at the factory before they are shipped...?? Date...?? Serial Number....?? etc....??? Larry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also looking to buy an m2 ... are they going to redo the whole line of m2s and sbe2s?... i would also like to know if so.. what is the expected release on them and the serial numbers.. will they be taking all of the other sticky saftey ones off the shelves and be stocking them with the non-sticky saftey ones that aren't loud and annoying??i hope so...thanks montefeltro for the info and i hope u can anwser our questions.

Sent my sbe 2 off yesterday and I am hoping for a quick fix on it. Shot 1000 rounds thru it; love everything about it-except the stiff safety. It is a simple fix, but why should we have to fix it. Sofar I am happy with benelli's response. If the sbe 2 comes thru in the 90 day hunting season and if benelli comes thru with the warranty on the trigger assembly there will definetly be a couple more in my gun cabinet, formly a rem. man!

Quick turnaround on the replacement trigger safety spring and I love this trigger safety spring! :D

This is the kind of trigger safety that will allow me to disengage the safety as I am shouldering the gun and sighting. :cool:

Montefeltro, thank you for getting us the replacement trigger safety spring! smile.gif

Originally posted by Pentale:

If it was a '9' on a 1-10 scale of stiffness before, what would you all say it is after being "fixed"?

I don't know about a 1-10 scale but now it's the way it should have been from the factory.