Ok try not to drool too much

dirtyb762

Duggan.... You are so naughty LOL

But the stance does look wrong, maybe it's the angle of the pic LOL.

Anna.

It's not the picture, she's just not shooting properly at all.

It's extremely common among new shooters, women especially.

The M4 is a heavy weapon ... a 10 lb gun is intimidating to your average woman newbie shooter.

Those that don't know any better ... lean back to balance out the heavy gun pulling them forward. It's a natural reaction, similar to leaning to your left side if you're holding a heavy bucket in your right hand at your waist.

I've found it's best not to be a stance nazi at first ... let them shoot how they want for a bit with minor coaching, then when they're having difficulty suggest that they do things differently in order to improve results ... they follow your advise, shooting improves, and they then will listen to what you say.

Eventually, if they stick with shooting, they learn that the best way to absorb recoil and shoot well is to lean into the weapon, not lean away from it.

Duggan,

Thanks for the information in the flaws in the womans stance when shooting, I have to say as a female shooter I hold quite an aggressive stance and adjust it for the situation and weapon I use at the time.

That said yes, some women over compensate and I have seen one or two knocked onto their butts but they soon learn.

However in this circumstance, my comment on the photo was supposed to be Tongue in cheek!

Regards

Anna.

You guys are great. Her shooting stance is improper but she was scared of the guns I had at the range so I just let it go. As for a YouTube video and more pics I would have got more or even a video but she only shot it once then she was done.

I didn't even have time to bend her over... For proper stance of course :D

I took my wife and 17 yo daughter to shotgun classes with my M4. A female instructor was there also and encouraged them and made fun of me no end, which is fine as they both enjoy shooting now. After 75 rounds my daughter said the M4 was to heavy, so the instructors lent her a 20Ga Remington 870 pump. She loved it and went on the finish out the day. I ended up buying her one.

The whole idea is to encourage and nuture them to become gun lovers

Edited by markhb

I took my wife and 17 yo daughter to shotgun classes with my M4. A female instructor was there also and encouraged them and made fun of me no end, which is fine as they both enjoy shooting now. After 75 rounds my daughter said the M4 was to heavy, so the instructors lent her a 20Ga Remington 870 pump. She loved it and went on the finish out the day. I ended up buying her one.

The whole idea is to encourage and nuture them to become gun lovers

I agree 100%. She wasnt really worried about recoil like most new shooters are but just intimidated by guns in general. She still said she had a good time and wants to do it again. Next time we go out hopefully ill have my ruger MKIII back in working order so she can have fun with that and work her way up into the bigger stuff.