Franchi Bolt Handle Failure

cdeggers

Be VERY careful if you are considering buying a Franchi I-12. I went through 4 bolt handles in five days on a Arkansas duck hunt? I was using 2 3/4" hevi-shot and the gun could not handle to compressions I guess. My gun is back at Benelli and they say they have fixed the problem..... Hopefully we will see how everything works out.

I have lost complete faith in the Franchi line and will be selling mine soon as it comes back from repair. Never going to deal with Franchi ever again! Buyer beware...

Edited by cdeggers

What I want to know is how you found all those new bolt handles during your hunt, those usually arent easy to come by.

I carry three spare Browning Silver bolt handles with me after breaking the first one in 2007 or so. Haven't needed a second one yet :)

The problem with a Franky is that it's a Franky :D

• 2 weeks later...

You are one lucky guy. I once had a Stoeger M2000, it threw bolt handles all the time. I tried like heck but the best I could do was get them to send me a replacment gun, Lord only knows I tried to get upgraded even if it meant money out of my pocket to get a better gun.

Good for you.

After a ton of phone calls, Benelli upgraded me to a M2. Pretty pleased with the outcome.

Service like that doesn't get any better. You are one lucky son of a gun:D

I think I'm going to go buy me a new Franky and drill them with two tons of phone call complaints, and maybe they will upgrade me to a new Vinci:D You won't get a new M2 and cheaper than that. WOW!!! An M2 for the price of a Franki and a few phone calls?

Edited by jonesbb630