3 Gun Gear side Saddle

kvincent

Hello everyone,

I posted this question in some other threads, but they were tailing off and I got no response.

Those of you with the 3 Gun Gear Side Saddle (Aggie Phil), do you feel the adhesive will stand the test of time or is it a 3 Gun competition level of durability -- meaning, is it designed to be replaced on a regular basis?

If you removed the receiver mounted velcro, would the residual adhesive be easily removed with alcohol, or other substance, without marring the finish on the Benelli?

Thanks in advance,

Kerry

Hello everyone,

I posted this question in some other threads, but they were tailing off and I got no response.

Those of you with the 3 Gun Gear Side Saddle (Aggie Phil), do you feel the adhesive will stand the test of time or is it a 3 Gun competition level of durability -- meaning, is it designed to be replaced on a regular basis?

If you removed the receiver mounted velcro, would the residual adhesive be easily removed with alcohol, or other substance, without marring the finish on the Benelli?

Thanks in advance,

Kerry

Kerry,

To answer your questions...

Yes and Yes. They do wear out at some point but they are very durable, and a little goof-off or WD40 will remove the residue easily.

I suppose it depends on how hard you plan to use the shotgun. If you are going to be REGULARLY taking it into the mud or the desert, you might have to replace it on a somewhat regular basis. But if you are just the average shooter who wants a good piece of kit that will stand up to occasional harsh conditions, I definitely don't see it needing to be replaced regularly. I've had the same 3GG side saddle on my Winchester 1300 for about three years now. It has just sat under my bed and gone along on the occasional range trip, but it's held up fine for that. I will say that it's way more durable than the POS TacStar that I had on it before (which fell apart).

In the end, only you will be able to determine how any one product holds up in your particular application. I will say that the 3GG side saddles are very well made, are very durable, and are fairly cheap. If I were you, I'd buy one and see how it does. If/when you ever have to replace it, you'll have an idea about how often future replacements need to occur.

No clue--never had to remove it cause the things work like a dream. I'm sure it'd come off with some Goo Gone and elbow grease though.