M4 Night Sights

Acolar

Considering replacing the factory M4 night sights. Trijicon does not make a specific set for the M4 but their customer service said they sell their Trijicon lamps to a compnay called Tool Tech Gun Sites. TTGS wants $255 to rework factory sights to implement Trijicon lamps.

Has anyone heard of this or other similar scenarios? The factory sites are usless at night since the gun is stored in the dark.

Tool Tech is the best at what they do. With that said why do you think you need night sights? They are very over rated. You must ID your threat before you can shoot it right? More then likely this will be with some sort of light right? If there is enough light to ID the target there should be enough light to see your sights.

Tool Tech is the best at what they do. With that said why do you think you need night sights? They are very over rated. You must ID your threat before you can shoot it right? More then likely this will be with some sort of light right? If there is enough light to ID the target there should be enough light to see your sights.

if your playing by there book ,not if your playing mine.:eek:

I had a set of Meprolight night sights on a Super Nova tactical that I sold. They are basically the same part that goes on the M4. I hated them from the minute I installed them. Like others have said, they are basically worthless in the day time. With all the ilumination technology available, you'd think they could come up with something better than what they currently offer.

I hear this a lot. Your statement is based on assumption.

There is nothing the regular sights can do that the night sights cannot.

On the other hand. You can see your night sights in the dark, you cannot see your regular sights in the dark.

Now let me ask you this, how can you be certain of any circumstances that you might find yourself in if your M4 is in your hands?

The night sights give you an advantage in the dark, whether or not your gun is equipped with a weapon light. To say otherwise is incorrect.

To satisfy your arguement, here is an example:

You hear a noise in your house in the middle of the night. You go through your standard protocol (I know you have one), you see your wife in the bed you just crawled out of, you go to the room next to yours and see your kids in their beds. You now know for a fact that the noise you hear downstairs is not your family. You descend the stairs and turn the corner and flash your weapon light to the ceiling to light up the room, you see a grown man in your living room. It was only a momentary flash from your weapon light so you have the opportunity to crouch and move left/right along the wall. You can see the man's silloehette and fix on it with your NIGHT SIGHTS without drawing further attention to yourself. He is hopefully blinded by your previous flash but you are not and you have your target in your sights....

This is one of many things that can occur. Night sights for the win. You can get by without them but where can you go wrong with them?? Sure, my story can get picked apart by somebody, but as it's happening, who has time to pick something apart? It is what it is and after that, it was.

I've killed many hogs using night sights. I could tell they were hogs from the silhouette and the noises they were making. No need for a light. Just line up the NIGHT SIGHTS and BOOM! Without the night sights, it would have been difficult to make those kills.

Theres a lot of good things to say about tritium sights, but they can be expensive and are just an asset at night, they don't help in daylight at all.

Since your M4 has a factory rail, have you considered something like an Aimpoint Micro? I just ordered one for about $350 delivered, a brand new 4moa R-1 model on closeout.

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Aimpoint-11911-Micro-R%252d1%2C-4-MOA.html

Great at night, and a considerable asset in daylight also. After the battery dies (50,000 hours / 5+ years), a new battery is a couple of bucks, as opposed to new tritium sights at one or two hundred.

Might be worth investigating.

Kevin

US Army SF, Retired

NRA Life - Patron

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted truglo on new sights for the M4 and they said they are looking in to doing a fiberoptic day/night tritium but no info on when it will be available. Perhaps if everyone asks the same question...

http://www.truglo.com/contact.aspx

I really like the fiber optic front posts and the front green and rear yellow ones I have from them for my G26 are a real improvement and work well in all and no light conditions.