recoil help

highwall shu

I'll be using my SBEII for turkey hunting this year, but I'd like some help with my first turkey/duck/goose rig. It's a Browning BPS in 3 1/2" 12 ga that had such brutal recoil and muzzle rise with max turkey loads that I sent the barrel to Magnaport and had the full job done on it. It now has almost no muzzle rise and I can get right back on target very quickly and the recoil seems to have been slightly reduced. Problem now seems that the gun's recoil movement has all been directed at my cheekbone. It really smarts. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have every intention of keeping this gun, but would like to fix this. Thanks for the help

I'll be using my SBEII for turkey hunting this year, but I'd like some help with my first turkey/duck/goose rig. It's a Browning BPS in 3 1/2" 12 ga that had such brutal recoil and muzzle rise with max turkey loads that I sent the barrel to Magnaport and had the full job done on it. It now has almost no muzzle rise and I can get right back on target very quickly and the recoil seems to have been slightly reduced. Problem now seems that the gun's recoil movement has all been directed at my cheekbone. It really smarts. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have every intention of keeping this gun, but would like to fix this. Thanks for the help

I fitted a premium Pachmayr pad to hunting buddy's 3.5" 10ga. BPS many years ago before we all bought SBEs. I fired his BPS before and after with 2.25oz. lead loads & the Pachmayr pad helped substantially. Look into a modern high-efficiency recoil pad such as the Limbsaver for your BPS. Measure your stock and see which Limbsaver comes closest to what is available: http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/pdfs/templates/LS_templates.pdf

Edited by leid