M4 questions

socom1

Hello to all . Newbie here . I am sure that you all have heard these guestions before so in advance sorry . I am going to buy a new M4 and want to be sure I do it right .

I was told the collapsible stock will not work on the m1014 , is this correct ?

I was told I can buy the m11707 and the stock will work with this gun , is this correct ?

If in fact I can buy the m11707 and the stock will work can I have my dealer order it with the full stock and pistol grip and then remove it and bolt on the collapsible stock ?

In the end result I would love to have the M4 with factory night sites long mag tube and collapsible stock ( I already have the mag tube extension and the collapsible stock) . Then I would like to go from there with mods .

Any and all ifo would be awesome because I want to do this ASAP .

Thank You

Hello to all . Newbie here .

**Welcome to the board!

I was told the collapsible stock will not work on the m1014 , is this correct ?

**This I don't have an answer I feel 100% about, sorry!

I was told I can buy the m11707 and the stock will work with this gun , is this correct ?

**Yes, the C-stock will work on this model. I have one on mine.

If in fact I can buy the m11707 and the stock will work can I have my dealer order it with the full stock and pistol grip and then remove it and bolt on the collapsible stock ?

**I believe the 11707 only comes with the pistol grip stock, but that is the only way I have seen them. Other than LE/Military with C-stocks.

In the end result I would love to have the M4 with factory night sites long mag tube and collapsible stock ( I already have the mag tube extension and the collapsible stock) . Then I would like to go from there with mods .

**Long mag tube will have to be something you do in the aftermarket world. Many people here(myself included) tend to favor the carriercomp mag tubes. C-stock, I believe it's Heckler&Koch2000 that sells them here frequently for good prices.

Any and all ifo would be awesome because I want to do this ASAP .

**I really don't mean to come across as a dick, but the "SEARCH" function works pretty decent on this forum. Just sayin'. ;)

Thank You

you're welcome!

2-wheel

The collapsible stock will fit on the m1014 and 11703 model, but it will not collapse. It will essentially be stuck in the fully extended position.

A dealer cannot sell you the collapsible stock. You'll have to source one from gunbroker, ebay or from the great sellers on here.

Your best bet is to begin stacking the deck towards 922 compliance. You need to replace 4 specified parts with US made ones. You can easily get 3 of them, but we are currently waiting for production of 2 more options from carriercomp.

Currently, you should install the following;

1. US made full length magazine tube. An extension does not count.

2. US made magazine follower.

3. US made handguards. FFT makes a stock reproduction set. Surefire makes a railed forearm called the M80. There are a few other aftermarket forearms that will replace the handguards.

4. US made hammer

5. US made disconnector

These last two parts are being produced by carriercomp.

RecoilTube.jpg?t=1301289736

This image should help you understand the differences in recoil tubes between the many models of M4's.

m1014: Limited Edition M4 with collapsible stock that doesn't collapse. 2 port barrel.

11703: 4 port barrel M4, fixed pistol grip stock. Same neutered recoil tube as the m1014. Most 4 port barrels were swapped out for 2 port units at customers requests.

11707: Fully functional M4. Comes with a 3 position recoil tube. Ships to civilians with a fixed pistol grip stock. Transition back to the 2 port barrels.

11717: Tan version of the 11707.

11722: 14" Entry model with fixed pistol grip stock. Other features the same as the 11707 and 11717 model.

11724: 14" entry model with a functional collapsible stock. Sourced for LEO and Government sales mainly. All other features the same as the 11707 and 11717 model.

I have a surefire M80 that I'm probably gonna sell. Just put it on and honestly it's not doing it for me. When it comes to the M80 it's a hit or miss depending on personal preference so there's nothing wrong with the part. I just miss the stock forend and I would like to go back. I also have a magpul forgrip for sale since it will be rendered useless. Not sure if it's a AFG 1 or 2 because I have them both and I have to decide which to keep on my AR.

So that I will be able to do all the mods to this weapon with no problems is the 11707 the model I want ? (I want black)

Can a civi purchase a 11707 ?

What stock comes on a 11707 ?

Can the OEM stock on a 11707 be taken off with no mods and the C-stock be put on with no mods ?

So that I will be able to do all the mods to this weapon with no problems is the 11707 the model I want ? (I want black)

Correct.

Can a civi purchase a 11707 ?

Yes, this is the common M4 currently. The box it comes in will specify that it is a 11707.

What stock comes on a 11707 ?

A Fixed pistol grip stock.

Can the OEM stock on a 11707 be taken off with no mods and the C-stock be put on with no mods ?

Yes, pull the trigger group and unscrew the fixed pistol grip stock from the receiver. The collapsible stock is two pieces. The pistol grip portion, then the tail section of the stock. The pistol grip portion screws onto the receiver. The tail piece attaches from the rear via the installation notch. The flat spots on the recoil tube are what allows the stock to change positions. The grooves are the fixed positions for the stock to engage upon.

Answers in bold above.

I have a surefire M80 that I'm probably gonna sell. Just put it on and honestly it's not doing it for me. When it comes to the M80 it's a hit or miss depending on personal preference so there's nothing wrong with the part. I just miss the stock forend and I would like to go back. I also have a magpul forgrip for sale since it will be rendered useless. Not sure if it's a AFG 1 or 2 because I have them both and I have to decide which to keep on my AR.

This is funny to see. I'm also about to do the same. I just prefer the basic handguard look.

I agree that the factory handguard is more comfortable than the M80. However, it's a necessary evil if you're mounting a weapon light. I tried an AFG1 and AFG2 and didn't care for it at all. I found it to be too limiting for hand placement.

Running with LaRue Index clips has been pretty good. It keeps the bulk down.