14" m4

lmt-ar

Are 14" m4 available at all? I heard they were imported as full length barrels with the sight already set for a 14" length barrel and they are cut down in the states? Does anyone have one? Is a 14" m4 factory or are people cutting down their m4 with gunsmiths and registering them as sbs? Any help would be appreciated. I have a m4 now and Im looking for a 14" model. Thanks ahead.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are 14" m4 available at all? I heard they were imported as full length barrels with the sight already set for a 14" length barrel and they are cut down in the states? Does anyone have one? Is a 14" m4 factory or are people cutting down their m4 with gunsmiths and registering them as sbs? Any help would be appreciated. I have a m4 now and Im looking for a 14" model. Thanks ahead.

you can buy one from factory that way. kinda hard to find I think?

you can find a barrel on gun broker but cost a lot of cash($1000). texas sheeter got his this way. Or you can send to king armory to cut yours down for 250 bucks. best option IMO. I belive they do alot and have it down no problems from what I read

From what I've heard, you have more options going with KingArmory is probably the best way to go. You have additional options. I've heard they can do a 10" barrel. Basically you'd have the mag cap right at the end of the forearm.

I would love to see a 10" conversion. My guess is 4 shells max. Not sure if trading size for rounds is worth it? But the cool factor is way up there,lol

I've been looking for a real photo of one as well. There is a photoshopped one out there.

You'd get 3 + 1 + 1. Not only would you get the extremely compact 26.5" package (with the stock fully collapsed) but you also get a massive reduction in weight.

When considering the reduction in weight of additional ammunition, the shorter magazine tube, shorter magazine spring, much shorter barrel; you'd be looking at a reduction of about a pound.

When Jesus returns for the Zombie Apocalypse, he'll be using one of these.

I guess I'm thinking that you can only go so short before you hit the collar attached to the barrel that the mag tube goes though (not sure what it's called). In those pictures, it looks like any and all available length is taken up and those are only 12" or so. Speaking of which, between those two pictures, the collar looks different. I wonder why. On my Benelli, it looks like the one in the first image (wider than the one in the second image).