What choke for skeet?

Vermont70

Improved Cylinder and Skeet work fine although the Franchi/Benelli chokes tend to run a little tighter than some US chokes. I use cylinder in most of my Franchi guns and get excellent results with #9 shot. If you typically shoot coarser shot (7 1/2 for instance) you might want to use a little more choke than cylinder but I doubt you'd see much real difference.

DumbDuck

Im new here guys. What choke to use for shooting sports? I have a franchi alcione, if that matters.

For skeet, use anything from zero constriction (“cylinder”) to 5 thousandths (“skeet”) to 10 thousandths (improved cylinder). Stay closer to 10 thousandths if you shoot in windy conditions or use #8 shot. If you shoot #9 shot when there’s little wind, 5 thousandths or even less will work well.

The best skeet shooters worry less about chokes (they often shoot tighter chokes to insure better patterns), and more about technique (setup position and rotation).

Thanks for participating here,

--Spike