Winchester XR or Magnum Blend

Clutch91

Has anyone been patterning Winchester XR or Magnum Blend through a 3" sbe2 or m2 with a .660 jellyhead

Yes. I enlisted the technical testing services of this individual just a few hour ago. When asked what he thought of the SBE II + 3" MB - JH .660, he offered 'no comment' :D

2011turkeyall050.jpg

I'm really happy with my SBE II these days. I have strayed in search of the magic gun, but I should always remember my roots with Benelli, going back to my first SBE in 1989.

The real issue is that out to 40 yards, most guns are equal. The right choke and load in any gun should work within reasonable ranges.

I found a sleeper with the 3" MB & JH .660.

For the Win XR's, I prefer the 3.5" #6's with the JH .660 or Rhino .660. I kilt more than one tom with the XR + Rhino combo....

• 2 weeks later...

I shot my 12 ga. @ 42 yards with the full choke and a .660 jelly head. Using Wichester(double x magnums) 6 shot in 12 ga. visually both seemed the same, although in Turkey's out line the full had 40 pellets and the jelly head had 49. Two days later I shot 2 gobblers(28 yds and 55 yds) with the Jelly head choke. The 28 yarder dropped like a brick and slightly damaged the beard. Thee 55 yarder circled once and tipped over.

Has anyone been patterning Winchester XR or Magnum Blend through a 3" sbe2 or m2 with a .660 jellyhead

I just hammered a 23 pounder with a 10" beard and 1" spurs this afternoon. I was using a JellyHead .660, and XR 5's in my M2. I also missed another one this a.m. by being in a hurry, it was in my lap before I knew it. This is my third turkey since Mudhen put me on to the XR's, and the JellyHead .660 last year. Good luck, Garry:)