Chokes

M4Madness

Do all of the different models of Benelli shotguns have the same choke thread size, meaning, will a choke that fits in one particular Benelli model fit in all Benelli models?

For the heck of it, I'm thinking about taking my M4 turkey hunting at the end of this month. In the past, I've always hunted them with a Remington shotgun or a bow. I no longer own a shotgun other than the M4, and for the last few years, I've called in turkeys for others and let them do the shooting. If I can use this M4, I just may do it -- even if it is black and sticks out like a sore thumb in the field. LOL!

https://www.blackborechokes.com/index.php/buy.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=7 -- in looking at this his hunterpro chokes and the tactical chokes both refer to Standard. With different constrictions available - with a suggestion not to use steel shot with close quarters chokes.

It would be my guess standard is standard but Mark is only a phone call away to get the info you need.

Do all of the different models of Benelli shotguns have the same choke thread size, meaning, will a choke that fits in one particular Benelli model fit in all Benelli models?

For the heck of it, I'm thinking about taking my M4 turkey hunting at the end of this month. In the past, I've always hunted them with a Remington shotgun or a bow. I no longer own a shotgun other than the M4, and for the last few years, I've called in turkeys for others and let them do the shooting. If I can use this M4, I just may do it -- even if it is black and sticks out like a sore thumb in the field. LOL!

There are two types of choke tubes for Benelli's...Crio and standard. The Crio chokes fit the Benelli shotguns that have Crio treated barrels. The M4 does not have a Crio treated barrel and uses the standard Benelli chokes.

http://www.benelliusa.com/parts_and_accessories/choke_tubes.php

Hattles is correct and thank you Vague for mentioning BlackBore Chokes!

M4Madness, your M4 takes the Benelli Standard threaded choke (the same as the Beretta Mobilchoke). At this time, I have the choke in HunterPro HV ER (Extended Range) which is .700" constriction. In Tactical HD, I have it in EER (Extra Extended Range) which is also in .700" constriction. This is like an IMOD, but tends to shoot tighter because of the extended parallel section.

Please feel free to call or email me!

Thanks,

Mark (GTPSC)

http://www.blackborechokes.com

Hattles is correct and thank you Vague for mentioning BlackBore Chokes!

M4Madness, your M4 takes the Benelli Standard threaded choke (the same as the Beretta Mobilchoke). At this time, I have the choke in HunterPro HV ER (Extended Range) which is .700" constriction. In Tactical HD, I have it in EER (Extra Extended Range) which is also in .700" constriction. This is like an IMOD, but tends to shoot tighter because of the extended parallel section.

Please feel free to call or email me!

Thanks,

Mark (GTPSC)

http://www.blackborechokes.com

Mark,

Thanks for the response. Can you elaborate more on the chokes you offer for the M4?

M4 Madness, any of the BlackBore chokes in Benelli Standard can be used in your M4. The question becomes which choke(s) works best for the applications you have in mind.

I hate to put you off, but I recommend reading over the BlackBore website and then let me know what specifics you would like answered, which I would be happy to do!

GTPSC (Mark)

BlackBore Chokes

M4Madness, I understand what you mean now! In the HunterPro HV for turkey, get the ER (Extended Range), which is .700" constriction or IMOD. It will also look great and serve as your tactical choke!

Thanks,

GTPSC (Mark)

BlackBore Chokes