M4 Mods

socom1

I just got my M4 (model 11707)!! I think I got a good deal $1499 . I also picked up a C-stock ($360) & mag tube extension ($169) . All OEM Benelli parts . I am hoping to see PICS of all the MODS you all have done to you're M4's . Just trying to see and hear about all the trick set ups so to help me decide what I would like to do . Can't wait to see all you're set ups .

Thanks , Bill

I just got my M4 (model 11707)!! I think I got a good deal $1499 . I also picked up a C-stock ($360) & mag tube extension ($169) . All OEM Benelli parts . I am hoping to see PICS of all the MODS you all have done to you're M4's . Just trying to see and hear about all the trick set ups so to help me decide what I would like to do . Can't wait to see all you're set ups .

Thanks , Bill

Bill,

First off, you cannot install all of that stuff until you get 4 US-made parts swapped in to make it 922® compliant with a telescoping stock. The bad news is that there are currently only 3 parts available that count towards compliancy -- forearm, magazine tube, and follower. The good news is that a company is working on the 4th and 5th compliance parts, so until that time, no non-military, non-LE M4 with a telescoping stock is legal -- unless the owner had custom parts made for it.

Some believe that registering a shotgun as a short-barreled shotgun (SBS) exempts them from 922®, but I read a letter recently from the BATF that states that it does not. According to them, even those are in violation if they have a telescoping stock on them.

Either way, M4Real's post on AR15.com got me excited about the M4 again (after I'd already owned and sold two in the past), and I picked up my new 11707 last night. I already have a NIB telescoping stock sitting in my safe waiting for the day when I can legally install it.

Edited by M4Madness

Looks good stranger ! Got pics of the other side ? What charging handle did you use ? What mag tube ? What SF light ? What do you think about the SF mini scout ? Who makes the sling ?

Did you go with Optima batteries ? You're truck looks great !

Looks good stranger ! Got pics of the other side ? What charging handle did you use ? What mag tube ? What SF light ? What do you think about the SF mini scout ? Who makes the sling ?

Did you go with Optima batteries ? You're truck looks great !

Thanks. Been doing a maintenance cycle and trying to hit some reliability parts lately. Added dual yellow top Optima's. I probably reduced the front end weight 25 lbs. right there alone. I ordered a Borgenson steering box today. Plus about 200 dollars worth of Amsoil gear lube. I finally got around to getting a front differential steel plate. It bolts over the factory pan. I think I have to massage it with a grinder because I have a welded up axle truss on the front axle. I want the plate to mesh up against it. It should be a great cow catcher.

I'm saving up for a locking manual hub conversion kit now. That'll get me for about 2500 in parts. Thankfully I can put it in myself.

013.jpg?t=1302232928

For the Benelli. It's a carriercomp Titanium magazine tube. Shaves 5.5 ounces off the weapon over a full length steel tube. The sling is a VCAS padded sling from BlueForceGear.

I use a Design Concepts bolt handle. They're not in production anymore. The carriercomp titanium handle is similar, but better than the Design Concepts.

The mini Scouts have limited use for me. They don't save much weight over a 2 cell. Unless you're running a subgun or SBR with limited rail space, I don't see the point really. The lumen and runtime capacity of the mini is quite a bit less than the two cell unit. Mine is a Surefire Scout M600C, rated at 200 lumens.

c020.jpg?t=1302232794

Guest cleefurd
Thanks. Been doing a maintenance cycle and trying to hit some reliability parts lately. Added dual yellow top Optima's. I probably reduced the front end weight 25 lbs. right there alone. I ordered a Borgenson steering box today. Plus about 200 dollars worth of Amsoil gear lube. I finally got around to getting a front differential steel plate. It bolts over the factory pan. I think I have to massage it with a grinder because I have a welded up axle truss on the front axle. I want the plate to mesh up against it. It should be a great cow catcher.

I'm saving up for a locking manual hub conversion kit now. That'll get me for about 2500 in parts. Thankfully I can put it in myself.

013.jpg?t=1302232928

Will mine look that good with a bunch of work? Probably not. But it sure is fun wrenching !!

picture.php?albumid=148&pictureid=675

Doing some front end work.

Guest cleefurd
Nice restoration! What's that, ammo can green?

And yes, this is a thread hijacking.

That resto picture is the direction I'm headed eventually (not my truck). I've owned the red truck a looooong time and it still wears the FD red coat of paint. Eventually it will look like the restored sample. I have all the parts in boxes to do the job soon. Won't take much to unbolt, bolt on, re-paint, and get it muddy tracking ducks.

Guest cleefurd

Back to the OP... What grip mounted sling point has evolved into the best choice? Does anyone make one that is QD like the Magpull push/pull release sling loops use?

Painting the truck in color matched Line-X was much cheaper than paint matching the fiberglass fenders/bedside. 2000$ vs. 4500$. Plus, it's functional. I mow down bushes its grass.

An OD version of the truck back east would look cool.

I usually buy my Surefire stuff on ebay. The trick is to buy ones that show the item in the original package. Counterfeits don't bother to make the packaging. I bought my last Scout for 333$ shipped last month.

The mount was separate. I bought that directly from GearSector.

The front sling mount is a GearSector QD mount. The rear one is from Mesa Tactical.