Benelli Gets into 3 gun BIG TIME

Slammer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am Kurt Miller. I am one fo the Benelli 3-Gun Shooters. I am looking forward to answering any questions you might have about 3-gun, lending some tips to you that already 3-gun or are planning on getting into this great sport. I have over 25 years of active 3-gun experience and I have always used Benelli shotguns. I started with an 121-M1 and graduated to an M1 in 1995. I currently run an M2.

cold, saw your early info on the M2 aimed at competition on ARF. What is the timeline and cost on it? Assuming it'll be cost-advantageous compared to a Salient build due to manufacturing capability and throughput?

New to 3gun, having only been to 1-2 local matches and the TXMG Championship (Larue match). Running a Benelli M4 because it is what I have.......starting up with a different shotgun better geared to 3gun in the near future but we won't mention what brand it is here. ;) Mainly because M2 was not easy to come by, wants more changes done to it, and cost a little more than the option I went with out of the box......glad to see hopefully changing as 3gun continues to grow.

Thus, I'm looking forward to the future as more companies, Benelli included, are gearing factory builds towards this sport.

Have enjoyed myself quite a bit and looking forward to seeing what develops. Also looking forward to the load2 loading developments, as weakhand practice has been yielding slow gains for me. Any tips appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

The load 2 systems that you are starting to see, started in Germany and the first time I saw this system was at the European Shotgun Championships in Terni Italy in 2003. It is a good system for those who don't have time to practice much and still want to load at a fair rate of speed. My person experience, and opinion is that while it can be done fast, it will never have the flexability of the weak-hand reload, and it requires that the shotgun be taken out of a shooting position to load where as weak-hand allows the gun to be loaded at the shoulder in a firing grip.

Like so many things, most Europeans have gone to the weak-hand reload, and now we are going to the German system....go figure. B.T.W. if you want to know the orriginator of this type of loading it was George Moskop of the German IPSC Standard Semi-auto Shotgun Team. Kurt Miller

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last weekend Benelli 3-gun team members finished first in the iron sight division, second in the heavy optics division, second in Open division, and 6th and 8th in Tactical Optics division, at the CMMG Mid-West 3-Gun Championships.

The match was very heavy in shotgun shooting and round count and every Benelli shotgun was more than up to the challenge, even in the monsoon type rains on Friday. It is the reliability and shootability of the Benelli M2 that ultimately helped win and palce in this very difficult match. Congratulations Team Benelli. Kurt Miller

I know my esteemed colleague Mr. Miller simply forgot about Benelli's other two shooters at the Midwest 3 Gun, Rob Romero who was 4th in Tactical Optics, and myself who was 4th in Heavy Optics.

Kurt shot a fantastic match in irons, especially on the long range stage. Despite using irons, I am pretty sure he has telescope eye balls.

Over the last weekend Benelli 3-gun team members finished first in the iron sight division, second in the heavy optics division, second in Open division, and 6th and 8th in Tactical Optics division, at the CMMG Mid-West 3-Gun Championships.

The match was very heavy in shotgun shooting and round count and every Benelli shotgun was more than up to the challenge, even in the monsoon type rains on Friday. It is the reliability and shootability of the Benelli M2 that ultimately helped win and palce in this very difficult match. Congratulations Team Benelli. Kurt Miller