US-Made M4 Trigger

M4Madness

I *beleive* I am on the waiting list for the first 30 (we'll see) but just the hammer alone isnt enough for full 922r compliance for the C-stock correct? If we have the CC tube, follower, handguard, and hammer, I still need ONE more for 922r?

I just listed my m4 for sale, but Im tempted to pull the ad in light of this recent development

Before I buy a hammer, I've got a few questions.

When the full fire control group has been completed and is available, will the trigger and disconnector be available without a hammer, since I'd already have one?

Will the replacement hammer address the heavy 7+ pound trigger pull my M4 currently has (with some creep and over travel)?

Is it simply a direct, though very high quality, replacement for the stock part for 922r compliance purposes with no tangible improvements realized?

Grizz

I *beleive* I am on the waiting list for the first 30 (we'll see) but just the hammer alone isnt enough for full 922r compliance for the C-stock correct? If we have the CC tube, follower, handguard, and hammer, I still need ONE more for 922r?

I just listed my m4 for sale, but Im tempted to pull the ad in light of this recent development

Four compliance parts should be all you need. I'll be running the CarrierComp mag tube, CarrierComp follower, KZ railed handguard, and a Geissele hammer with my collapsible stock.

I should be on the waiting list for the hammer.

Guest cleefurd
Before I buy a hammer, I've got a few questions.

When the full fire control group has been completed and is available, will the trigger and disconnector be available without a hammer, since I'd already have one?

Will the replacement hammer address the heavy 7+ pound trigger pull my M4 currently has (with some creep and over travel)?

Is it simply a direct, though very high quality, replacement for the stock part for 922r compliance purposes with no tangible improvements realized?

Grizz

According to Geissele, the full FCG (not due for release until much later) may or may not use the original trigger, so at a minimum the competition "set" would be comprised of an overhauled disconnector and hammer design, neither of which would be compatible without the other.

The current hammer is reported to resemble your latter estimation, being a 922® refinement, that is at least an equal, with subtle enhancements over the stock component. From its description, it will be a better component than stock, but unlikely to be forward compatible with the full FCG anticipated towards the end of this calendar year.

If the above scenarios hold firm, and Geissele elects for some reason not to release a stand alone disconnector compatible with the stand-alone 922® hammer, we (carriercomp) could offer it (922r disconnector compatible with stand-alone hammer) pending Geissele authorization. TBD...

Edited by cleefurd

This is all rather confusing. Especially for those of us who don't know the ins and outs of triggers and their various parts. All I know is that the factory Benelli "trigger" is very nice but Geissele "triggers" are supposedly the cat's ass.

Marketing this project in an easy to understand way is going to be almost as important as producing a quality product. So far, the various iterations being proposed by Kip and Geissele have only muddied the waters. My humble suggestion would be to roll this thing out as a 100% replacement or not roll it out at all. Just my $0.02.

Edited by AggiePhil

This is all rather confusing. Especially for those of us who don't know the ins and outs of triggers and their various parts. All I know is that the factory Benelli "trigger" is very nice but Geissele "triggers" are supposedly the cat's ass.

Marketing this project in an easy to understand way is going to be almost as important as producing a quality product. So far, the various iterations being proposed by Kip and Geissele have only muddied the waters. My humble suggestion would be to roll this thing out as a 100% replacement or not roll it out at all. Just my $0.02.

The Geissele hammer will be typical Geissele quality, you can rest assured. However, the OEM part that it will interface with...will be OEM. No matter how "awesome" the hammer is, it will be "ham strung" by the OEM parts it interfaces with.

I would expect a VERY minimal decrease in pull weight and a TINY bit crisper break. Maybe.

If you have a New M4 and a new Geissele hammer, it probably wouldn't be as slick as an all stock M4 with 10K rounds of polishing through it.

This is an affordable, QUALITY 922r replacement part. View it as such and you will be happy.

Later on, Geissele MAY produce an entire set of fire-control components. Since the M4's fire-control setup is made to be robust, and not necessarily "nice", the design of some parts may change so that the hammer you buy NOW will not work with the rest of the workings THEN. That is because Geissele is not going to field a product that is not flawless, and neither will Kip. Don't worry about that. It's a long ways off, and not certain at all.

Either you want a 922r compliant part and you buy this hammer, or you don't. Don't buy it thinking you will have some trigger-job in a bag. It's a great part, but that's like saying replacing the lifters in your corvette will make it the same as a LeMans car. Not quite.

That is my understanding having spoken to Kip, owned AR's with SSA triggers from Geissele, and had several M4S90's over a few years time.

Edited by Unobtanium

Guest cleefurd
Marketing this project in an easy to understand way is going to be almost as important as producing a quality product.

True Aggie Phil,

Marketing tentative end results as best we can. As "tentative" yields to concrete, the "easy to understand" aspect will happen. Age old dilemma there.

My humble suggestion would be to roll this thing out as a 100% replacement or not roll it out at all. Just my $0.02

The "not at all" option forsakes the 922® conscientious C-Stock user who desires that elusive 4th component. This way he need not wait for Geissele to roll out the FCG ensemble at possibly 4-5 times the hammer's stand alone price.

The triggers on my M4S90's have all been VERY good for a shotgun. I am fine with current performance levels. If you want to worry about the trigger breaking at a crisp 3# and feeling that it not doing so is a limitation, I think you have overlooked your detachable barrel secured with a large nut.

I only need the hammer. I applaud Geissele for offering a no frills indestructable 922r option. Replace and forget. A 922r component has already been flubbed up trying to make them fit like the stock handguards being replaced:mad:... doubt that will be an issue with the hammer.

So does installing this hammer along with a full-length tube, follower and forend make a C-stock equipped M4 922r compliant?

It should, the C-stock counts as two parts so you would need to replace four parts with U.S. parts. I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, just my understanding.

regards,

d

It should, the C-stock counts as two parts so you would need to replace four parts with U.S. parts. I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, just my understanding.

regards,

d

My understanding is that the c-stock counts as one part.

Yes they do, they are marked "U.S." on the side. They are for sale on the Geissele website now I believe.

The hammers have the following features:

manufactured by Geissele so it is a U.S. made part

marked 'U.S.'

material is S7 tool steel

sears are nicely cut and very smooth

no gunsmithing or fitting is necessary, this is a 'drop in' hammer

Essentially it is a stock replacement hammer with no performance advantages. It just helps with 922 compliance.

Edited by cold