US-Made M4 Trigger

M4Madness

Guest cleefurd
Has anyone received / installed their new hammer yet?
UPS dropped off the 1st batch late Monday, and they all shipped Tuesday June 21st via USPS Priority mail insured.

I expect all to deliver around Friday give or take a day. We received a few extras, so no one was left out on this batch.

Thanks to all who ordered.

Thanks Kip.

does having the stock in your possession volatile the law if you do not have all the parts for 922r yet? I am waiting on my tube and follower and I guess I need one more part

No, it would have to be an NFA part (like a 14" barrel) for you to get into trouble for "constructive possession". The C-stock is not such a part.

thanks. what is the other parts that would make it 922r complaint?

Magazine tube (Kip, FFT, SOCOMguy), follower(Brownells, Kip, lots of other places), hand-guards (Surefire, FFT, Sidearmor, others), Mesa Tactical Urbino (Mesa Tactical).

Edited by Unobtanium

My hammer arrived today. It looks exactly like the stock one, and if it weren't for the U.S. markings, one would think that it was factory Benelli. I am VERY pleased with it.

If you have the right pair of snap ring pliers, total installation time should be a mere five minutes. I had mine swapped and ready to install the snap ring in a little under four minutes, then ran into problems. My snap ring pliers are combination internal/external. When I set them in the external position, they were too wide to fit in the snap ring. I had to spend some time and modify a tiny set of needlenose pliers (which aren't much good for anything now after the modification) in order to get the snap ring installed.

The instructions call for 0.038" tips on the snap ring pliers. Get them if you don't have a small set like these, and seriously, this is a 5-minute job from start to finish.

Super easy to install. Snap ring pliers are a must. Pull the trigger pack. De-cock the hammer. Pop the snap ring on the left side of the trigger group. Push the pin out the right side just enough the remove the hammer. Put the new unit in. Push the pin back in. Reinstall the snap ring. Make sure the shell drop lever is sitting on the plunger.

Pretty easy job. Finally compliant. Thanks a lot Kip!

If you want to buy the hammer don't let the installation stop you. It comes with instructions and is very easy to change. All you need is a small pair of external snap ring pliers which the instructions gives you brands and part numbers to buy if you don't already have one. I also needed pair of regular pliers because when I reinstalled the snap ring it wasn't as tight as it was beforeI removed it. But no big deal I just sqeezed it back tight with a regular set of pliers and good as new. My c-stocked M4 is now in compliance with 922r thanks to Kip, KZ & Geiselle but if and when a better trigger is released by Geiselle I will buy it. But for now this new hammer is a great product for us M4 owners.

One more thing. The hammer pin on a M4 is hollow and too thin to have the usual 360 degree grove that is normal when a snap ring is used. Instead they cut two small groves 180 degrees apart to retain the snap ring. When you reinstall the snap ring make sure the open part of the snap ring falls between the two retainer groves on the hammer pin and not where one of the groves are. If so you will only have one small grove holding it.

I installed mine last night without a hitch. GREAT product. Everyone pretty much hit how to install here . THE DIRECTIONS are GREAT from Kip and Geiselle .. If you are not confident to install this just take it to you local gunsmith. I now can have my Benelli M4 the way I like it...

Edited by dark knight
spelling

• 1 month later...
Installed mine last week and it was a breeze. Functioned flawlessly and now my shoulder is very sore from all the buckshot I went through. I have complete confidence in this gun.

I suspect you installed the HAMMER. The question relates to the entire trigger assembly and that's not out yet.

When I last spoke with Bill he offered no estimate or time line.

I suspect you installed the HAMMER. The question relates to the entire trigger assembly and that's not out yet.

When I last spoke with Bill he offered no estimate or time line.

Oops! My bad. You are correct. I should really pay more attention to the subject at hand.