Throwing bullet

muss1980

When I shoot a 4 shot group I get one that is way out of whack. I shot the other day and had three measuring .89 and the fourth is 4.5 inches away. I then shot four more later after letting the barrel cool down and with a different powder I got almost the same thing. Any ideas?

And this is why five shot groups are the standard, rather than three. :cool:

To isolate the problem, try shooting five shots with 5 minutes cooling between each round.

You're probably getting some movement when the barrel heats up. The R1's design is hardly optimal for guarding against such occurrences.

Another possibility is flinching.

The best way to see if that's the case is to have someone randomly load or not load a round for you without your seeing what they're doing. Then aim and fire. Repeat until several rounds have been shot.

If you flinch on an empty chamber, then you're definitely flinching on a live round too.