Leupold bases

Hookedup

I have not seen any Leupold bases made for the R1. But then again I was not shopping for bases seeing my rifle came with the swan/weaver base. I went with the medium Leupold PRW rings. I have 3 pairs of these rings and love them. Mounted the base, rings and 3-12x42mm scope on my R1 and bore sighted it. Everything was in line and centered without adjustment.

I see DNZ is making a one piece mount system for the R1. If I was to buy a mount thats the one I would buy.

Not sure about the Browning bases but I would they no. The R1 has 5 mounting holes, not 4 like most guns.

I saw last night that burris has a one piece mount which is the same as the leupold. I like that style mount better than the rail mount. Dont know why. I am sure if Benelli trusts the rail mount it is fine. But a police sniper told me one time to use leupold style mounts and thats all I have used since.

Well just pulled the trigger and bought one. Just fire one round with no sights. Had to try it. Wanted to see how bad trigger pull was. Didn't think it was that bad. Not really a benchrest shooter. Should be fine for jumping whitetail. Noticed that the barrel is alot longer than my bar. Cant wait till deer season. Now for some optics. Wife is going to kill me.. he he he!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply. I posted back in Dec or Nov. last year about the Warne picatiny rail and medium rings working great on the R1. Scope is a Nikon Monarch 3-9x40. The base is the one specified for the BAR, but it fit perfectly with no shimming required like on other after market bases.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my question was answered. The leupold bar mounts fit, but I ran out of verticle adjustment on the scope. Shot up a box of shells to relise that I am still 2 inches low at 100 yards. Gotta say love the R1. Cant wait to put the hammer on a buck with this gun.

Well tried the bar mounts ran out of adjustment. Just got my mounts from DNZ.Should of went with them in the first place. Nice setup. Mounted nice on the gun. Bolted them on with a new Redfield. Cant wait to burn through some more reloads. Loading hornady 130,imr 4350 for the 270 wsm. Anybody find a good load for this setup