Legacy Parts

georgiacowboy

I would consider taking an entire gun rather than just spare parts. You need at least two guns (but, I’m certain you already know this).

Spare parts won’t help much while you are in the blind and shooting. If you have a stoppage in the “thick of battle,” you need a replacement gun since there is no time for a field repair. The one exception is a bolt handle (which is easily lost, and easily replaced).

How many guns are you planning to take with you?

--Spike

I am going on a high volume bird shoot in south america soon. Does anyone think I should get some spare parts in case I wear anything out? If so, which parts? And where do I ge them. The only thing I could find on the website was bolt handles.

Thanks for any advice.

You are taking a Benelli, why would you feel you'll need spare parts? Spike is right, take two guns.:D

^^ Good point... You can rent a gun (autoloader or O/U) for $50-$75) per day.

It’s wise checking with the host/outfitter when transporting firearms to foreign countries. If I remember correctly, it’s very simple to bring a firearm into Argentina. You fill out one form and pay an entry/permit fee that is > $100 per gun.

--Spike